Gibson Brands Forums

g force tuners reviews

lolo_guitar

Searcy, thanks for such a well thought out review of the min etune - I'm hoping your G Force review will not be far behind - I just got a 2015 SG Special w/the G Force and am working my way through the owners manual downloaded from the gibson site. I've only had the SG for three days now (told you I just got it) and have not changed the strings that came on the guitar, I wanted to learn more about the G Force before I started a whole string change out - I am going to put 10's on the guitar, a gauge I use on all my guitars. Question: how long does it take for a new set of strings to stretch in - usually when I've change strings I do a stretch of each string until they are just a little bit out after the stretch, then they tune up well and are very stable after that. Are you just going to have to re-tune more often w/new strings on the G Force, or can I hand stretch the strings and re-tune w/G Force as I would have done with a tuner pedal? Seems like I could/should be able to do that. Apologies for such a newbe question, but I do want to avoid those kind of half-assed complaints just because I didn't research the unit. thnx.

hello

i have played with 2 les paul with robot tuners and i had tuning problems the 2 times !

with some bends the guitar did not stay in tune

old strings?

i read that some people changed the tuners

but

is it good for you?

I have a new 2015 with the G-Force system and I have no problems with mine. I'm still working with setting my presets. The one thing I did notice is if the Battery STARTS to get low it takes a few extra seconds to tune. The battery indicator light may still say the charge is good but If takes a little longer to tune or you've had to tune multiple times just try charging the battery. Also if you've changed strings you should recalibrate your tuning system, even if you are useing the same size strings but different brands. The stock setting for the tuning system is set up more for the speed tuning. I changed my settings for fine tuning. It only takes abut 3 or 4 extra seconds to tune on the fine tuning settings. Like Searcy, I'm still working with it, I will post when I have all the pros, and cons. I hope this is helpful.

Hi guys , I have the les paul DC 2015 , I got it in January and I thought the g force was going to be the dogs , but its proved so unreliable that I stopped using it in a band context , its gone back to the dealer ,from what I see on here it the problem seems to be the nut .

[unsure]

could also be a faulty unit , our other guitarist has dare I say it a Clapton sig strat and has put the trocal tuner on it himself and has had no problems and he is using the same nut that came with his guitar . [blink]

Hi guys , I have the les paul DC 2015 , I got it in January and I thought the g force was going to be the dogs , but its proved so unreliable that I stopped using it in a band context , its gone back to the dealer ,from what I see on here it the problem seems to be the nut .

[unsure]

could also be a faulty unit , our other guitarist has dare I say it a Clapton sig strat and has put the trocal tuner on it himself and has had no problems and he is using the same nut that came with his guitar . [blink]

No issues with my g-force on my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic. Also, The G-Force is the SAME as the tronical tuner. Alot of the issues I here about with the G-Force/mini Etune is user error. I use mine in the band setting as well as studio and it's a time saver for me. Maybe I got lucky and have the only one that works. lol..

Searcy, thanks for such a well thought out review of the min etune - I'm hoping your G Force review will not be far behind - I just got a 2015 SG Special w/the G Force and am working my way through the owners manual downloaded from the gibson site. I've only had the SG for three days now (told you I just got it) and have not changed the strings that came on the guitar, I wanted to learn more about the G Force before I started a whole string change out - I am going to put 10's on the guitar, a gauge I use on all my guitars. Question: how long does it take for a new set of strings to stretch in - usually when I've change strings I do a stretch of each string until they are just a little bit out after the stretch, then they tune up well and are very stable after that. Are you just going to have to re-tune more often w/new strings on the G Force, or can I hand stretch the strings and re-tune w/G Force as I would have done with a tuner pedal? Seems like I could/should be able to do that. Apologies for such a newbe question, but I do want to avoid those kind of half-assed complaints just because I didn't research the unit. thnx.

I stretch in new strings when I put them on and then that's about it. As Scott mentioned battery life effects the speed of tuning. I can see too that the G Force is a good but faster and tuning than the Min-Etune. I think I may want to do a video on changing strings.

• 3 weeks later...

No issues with my g-force on my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic. Also, The G-Force is the SAME as the tronical tuner. Alot of the issues I here about with the G-Force/mini Etune is user error. I use mine in the band setting as well as studio and it's a time saver for me. Maybe I got lucky and have the only one that works. lol..

I see that in another thread your G-Force in an issue now....

get tuners.....they are very reliable....

question

when you change the strings, is it possible for the g force tuners to tune a guitar from the beginning to the end of the process?

and is it possible to tune the guitar without using the g force?

i saw a demo and the way he installed the strings was different too

question

when you change the strings, is it possible for the g force tuners to tune a guitar from the beginning to the end of the process?

Yes.

and is it possible to tune the guitar without using the g force?

Yes.

if we can make the same windings for the strings, it can be good

but and does it stay in tune ?lol if you make a lot of bends

if there are some users here

and about the guitar: it comes with Cleartone 9-46 strings

is it a problem for having a good sustain ? i said that because the old models came with 10-46 gauge strings

I've had about 10 days with a new 2015 LP Studio with g force now. First electric, so take this with a grain of salt. Love them so far but think the individual string tuning is more accurate. LOVE alternate turnings on demand. Far from perfect, I've had it f up strings badly on the 'strum to tune' mode. Certainly not for everyone, but this is my first electric, and I kinda like em so far...

BlueJenny

• 4 weeks later...

I have had my 2015 studio Desert Burst for about 2months now. no problems with the brass nut (knock on wood) the G force i think is a nice addition i understand purist are going to hate it. when i first bought the guitar it would always tune the G string sharp drove me crazy to the point i was about to get rid of it and put regular tuners on. watched a lot of you tube stuff and did a reset and recalibrate and all is good. i have it set for accuracy and it takes about 3 to 4 seconds and I'm in tune.i am on my third set of strings (10's 0 just need to recalibrate after string change and all is good. Love the Guitar.

and if you want to play in B or in Eb

is there no problem for the action ?

No problems with it at B or Eb. I've had mine tuned all the way down to A# with the low E string dropped down like a drop D setting. I just had to use bigger strings for that super low tunings. 11 to 54. But for Eb, B, drop D and even a whole step down (D) I still use my regular size strings 9 to 46 with no problems.

and if you want to play in B or in Eb

is there no problem for the action ?

No problems with it at B or Eb. I've had mine tuned all the way down to A# with the low E string dropped down like a drop D setting. I just had to use bigger strings for that super low tunings. 11 to 54. But for Eb, B, drop D and even a whole step down (D) I still use my regular size strings 9 to 46 with no problems.

Hi,

I tried the G-Force tuner out on a LP Special Doublecut last month. Seemed pretty good, but wondered how it would be to live with.

I dont change tunings these days. Its too hard on the strings.

I've seen demos of a another system that doesnt tune your strings, but alters the output signal to a tuned set.

Archived