Gibson Brands Forums

First Rehearsal W/ my SG Tonight...

Silvercrow

Well, I am back playing with our worship team at church. Pretty cool; I'd like the music to be a little "harder"- we play contemporary Christian- easy chords and all, but it's good for me nonetheless. I was scheduled to play acoustic this week and electric next week (Easter) but I'm just getting over a perinecial (spelled wrong) infection of my index finger, left hand. Yeah I'm a righty. So it's electric both weeks, which of course makes me so sad... [woot]

I used to play through my amp there years ago- but with single coils on my Tele and later my PRS McCarty, and the sound guys being inexperienced with...sound, they complained so much that the church got a digital modeler pedal board which works out OK. TONIGHT though, for expediency, I plugged my SG into the Fulldrive FB3- then into a DI box and to the board. Holy Moley! Sounded very rich and full. No dirt- but for this selection of songs it'll work well.

I'm pumped and again pleased with how the guitar performs. Although I'm looking forward to the day when I can get back into a band situation and play some classic rock and blues, it'snNot that I don't like the worship team- they are a great bunch of folks, VERY good vocalists, and I get to add texture and liven things up a bit. Good to be serving God in this way!

So I'll let you know how it goes.

I know some of you play at church- if you don't mind- could you give a brief description of your rig?

I thought about doing an "Iso Box" type thing where an amp could be close miked without having the "loud guitar adverse folks" in the congregation running for the Pastor's office with pitchforks and torches... :lol: Anyone here doing anything like that? THANKS!

Brian

Archived