Gibson Brands Forums

EJ200CE origin?

Wayne8

I've acquired this guitar in the past year and I love it. Just recently taken delivery of a ES339 Pro that's made in China. Absolutely perfect. Also recently received a Recording King ROS-627 that was made in China and again, absolutely perfect. Led me to wonder where my EJ200CE was built.

I've acquired this guitar in the past year and I love it. Just recently taken delivery of a ES339 Pro that's made in China. Absolutely perfect. Also recently received a Recording King ROS-627 that was made in China and again, absolutely perfect. Led me to wonder where my EJ200CE was built.

The newer models are built by Samick in Indonesia. I like mine a lot, and have used it for two years now.

Wayne -if you search the Epiphone serial # site you can determine where it's made.I have an EJ200ce and the serial # starts with EA. That is the code for Quing Dao,China.You should be able to sort out the provenance of yours. Good luck.

Archived