Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

25adce69-e787-4c4b-997d-efffc81c0663_zpsnrkasokn.jpg Got myself a new toy. Been checking out various booster pedals, needed that extra something for my solos. This pedal seriously rocks. For such a small pedal this is a monster. I'm no longer struggling to be heard. This is a pedal oozing mojo, gives a fuller sound, breathed new life into my tone. It was originally just to boost solo time, but I just keep it on. It just gives more dimension to the sound. [thumbup]

I use a Blackstar HT-1R, and get a nice sweet, on the verge of breaking up sound just using the clean channel. On the OD channel it doesn't get muddy/murky still has clarity. Super simple to use, hate nothing more than twiddling control knobs, I just wanna rock :lol:

My Gibson 57 Classic pup has just turned up too. Happy days :)

Emma

...haven't worked out multi quote yet...

Hello Emma!

Just press the "Multiquote" buttons below the posts You want to be included in Your reply, and then press "Add reply" at the bottom of the page.

Cheers... Bence

For such a small pedal this is a monster. I'm no longer struggling to be heard. This is a pedal oozing mojo, gives a fuller sound, breathed new life into my tone. It was originally just to boost solo time, but I just keep it on. It just gives more dimension to the sound.

[thumbup] IMHO every player should have a good booster on board. They add that chewy girth and sparkle that, once you hear it, you don't want to do without. They don't need to be big either because they only have a couple transistors (J201 and 2N5088 in this case) and a diode or two and few caps and resistors. But boy do they make a big difference. I almost always have one on - sometimes two (I built two of my favorite boosters into one enclosure for just this purpose). [biggrin]

[thumbup] IMHO every player should have a good booster on board. They add that chewy girth and sparkle that, once you hear it, you don't want to do without. They don't need to be big either because they only have a couple transistors (J201 and 2N5088 in this case) and a diode or two and few caps and resistors. But boy do they make a big difference. I almost always have one on - sometimes two (I built two of my favorite boosters into one enclosure for just this purpose). [biggrin]

Hi surfpup, I agree with you 100% [thumbup] I really don't know why it's taken me so long to get this pedal. I keep it on all the time, playing sounds so flat/ lifeless without it. I like the size of the pedal too, fits in the hand or pocket [thumbup] :)

Archived