Gibson Brands Forums

Banner Headstock

ezra1

I am trying out a new J-45 True Vintage...

Liking it pretty much but kind of disappointed that everything on the headstock is a decal according to Gibson.

Ah yes - but iconic. Not much different than the gold-leaf decal on most Martins.

a Decal? really? and the label inside is incorrect as well. [rolleyes]

It appears that the decal is underneath lacquer... I looked up the specs and it said it was a decal.It looks good but not really like inlay upon close examination.. And for "True Vintage" I guess I hoped for inlay.

So I called Gibson and they said it was a decal....bummer

But it is a fine playing guitar.

It appears that the decal is underneath lacquer... I looked up the specs and it said it was a decal.It looks good but not really like inlay upon close examination.. And for "True Vintage" I guess I hoped for inlay.

if its a pearl logo and banner.. it may have a decal for the fine print.. I am pretty dsure I seen that being done on a Harley Model when I was in Bozeman. pearl block decal overlay.

A vintage J-45 never had an inlaid logo. What you are getting today, with the decal logo, is absolutely authentic. If you want an inlaid logo, you need to go for a J-45 Custom. That has all the inlay you could ever want.

A vintage J-45 never had an inlaid logo. What you are getting today, with the decal logo, is absolutely authentic. If you want an inlaid logo, you need to go for a J-45 Custom. That has all the inlay you could ever want.

+1

-Keith

Archived