Gibson Brands Forums

pedal power

EVOL!

I am thinking about graduating to the big boys club and getting some type of brick to power my pedals. I have six pedals (tuner, fuzz, two OD, an analog delay, and an occasional tremolo) that need power and I was looking at the Voodoo Labs pedal power 2+ mainly because two of the outputs have sag so I can run my Fuzz Factory off of it and simulate a dying battery for that extra nastiness. This also seems to be a highly regarded brand name. Does anyone have experience with this model or other recommendations? I currently run a daisy chain off of my tuner and while I have not had any ground loop noise, I know this setup is not the best.

That's the power supply I use. I don't use the sag, but someday I might. I think the unit itself is great.

Mine's screwed to the bottom of a pedaltrain board. Works great, and it's out of the way. I just wish my pedal board were smaller. but that's not a problem with the power supply.

I like the unit because I don't know it's there. I never think about it, it does nothing to remind me that it exists. It just sits there and provides power to my board and has enough room to power more pedals than I should ever sensibly use at any one time.

A++++ would buy again

Another vote for the Voodoo Labs PP2+. I have the old version (the normal Pedal Power 2) and it's fantastic. 8 isolated, regulated outputs, some switchable to 12V, some high current, and 2 saggable outputs, and fits perfectly under my Pedaltrain Jr. Highly recommended.

-Ryan

Haven't used any other bricks (just the One Spot) but I love the VooDoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ for sure. The two high current outputs are a necessity if you have any Strymon or other voltage sucking pedals.

Also, I recently found they make a cable that is tip positive for vintage style fuzz faces, tonebenders, rangemasters, etc. pretty cool. You could combine that with the sag output and really dial in a fuzz face I think. [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...

I did it. Still need to try out the sag dials on my FuzzFactory and FμckOverdrive. My only complaint is that I cannot power my Sole-Mate reverb unit because that beauty only runs on AC power.

full.jpg

1 spot makes an adapter that you can run into your tuner(asuming it's a boss tu3) and then onto all your other pedals. The boss tuner pedal is a power pass through as well, just make sure your adapter has the output to supply all the pedals u wanna use.

Here it is. It's all about the milliamps the supply has:

https://www.long-mcquade.com/3159/Guitars/Cables_Power_Supplies/Visual_Sound/1_Spot_9VDC_1700mA_Adaptor.htm

1 spot makes an adapter that you can run into your tuner(asuming it's a boss tu3) and then onto all your other pedals. The boss tuner pedal is a power pass through as well, just make sure your adapter has the output to supply all the pedals u wanna use.

Here it is. It's all about the milliamps the supply has:

https://www.long-mcquade.com/3159/Guitars/Cables_Power_Supplies/Visual_Sound/1_Spot_9VDC_1700mA_Adaptor.htm

This is not a good solution. It's not isolated, and the pass through actually has a current draw limit of it's own. If you try to draw too much current through the TU, you'll fry the little board inside which handles the power passthrough. Boss says this themselves. You also run the risk of introducing more noise into the signal path this way.

Isolated, regulated power is the way to go.

-Ryan

This is not a good solution. It's not isolated, and the pass through actually has a current draw limit of it's own. If you try to draw too much current through the TU, you'll fry the little board inside which handles the power passthrough. Boss says this themselves. You also run the risk of introducing more noise into the signal path this way.

Isolated, regulated power is the way to go.

-Ryan

It's actually good to run power for up to 7 pedals as it states on the Boss website, but if you wanna just by pass using the boss, for $20 one spot makes a conector cable for that adapter to power 8 pedals with.

Archived