Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Pure Cable

Drog

I bought a Gibson Pure Cable to try out. It is very well made, thick cable and that also helps with keeping it untangled. The sliding input shield on the jack works well and you can plug/unplug the guitar with the amp on and no pops. The cable is very quiet. The ceramic jack end is large but extremely solid, nothing you notice plugged in. It also works with Strats just fine. The cable is very high quality.

I give this cable a solid 10/10. Very impressed [thumbup]

Here is a picture compared to my old cable

image.jpg1_zpswjehxpu9.jpg

Plugged into my LP

image.jpg2_zps9au49osg.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsa1nnwscq.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsro6y4own.jpg

The shielding is very high quality with braid that is tight and tinned. On cheaper cables you can see through the braid, causes low signal isolation.

Don't buy anything that says "Quad-Shield" as it is just hype. Any kind of patch or A/V cable can say that but, it is really low quality braided aluminum, covered with crappy foil.

If you get interference when someone walks in the vicinity of your TV antenna cable you are getting a good demonstration of how poor the quality of bulk cable really is.

Doesn't matter where you buy it as most of it comes from China and specs are lousy. Belden is the only reliable manufacturer and this cable is either Belden or just as good.

So that's pretty much it, it's just the shielding is it? Anything else with them. I'm always on the lookout for a better lead. I've used some shockers before in my time (lol).

The plug doesn't make electrical contact until it hits home. That's a very big improvement. It also helps to protect all your sensitive electronics and your ears.

I'd like to see one with a 90° plug. Some of us do play stuff besides LPs, after all, and it would be a definite plus with my L6-S.

Hello Drog!

Good choice! I will look at it too, since I have constant trouble with my cables...

By the way, what is that beauty on the second snap?

Cheers... Bence

The guitar is my LP Custom Florentine

The guitar is my LP Custom Florentine

My God, that made my eyes wet in the morning! You have a good taste!

I am so excited by the new ES-LP white-top, but boss won't give me a raise. :D

Cheers... Bence

Archived