Gibson Brands Forums

Van Halens Total Embarrassment...

Searcy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes!

So bad there's a lot of speak/sing, and even that's off. . . =;

<edit> Later in this thread Bence provides video of a nose injury on a previous take. So Dave bandages up goes on banged up like a trooper. Gotta give him props on that.

Last time I saw Roth was the 1984 tour in, well, 1984. They haven't changed one bit. Phenominal drummer, great singing bass player, awesome guitar player jacking it off right there in front of all of us, and that brick out front. He sucked then and still does. They are in danger of killing their history if they haven't already. Hagar must be wetting himself laughing by now.

rct

The baton twirling was very good.

Yeah, I have to say he was a very good physical frontman, and did the sword thingies and stuff very well, great jumps off the drum riser, all that stuff was fine. I think when we were 24 it was ok to sit through, 30 years later I almost didn't make it halfway through the video!

rct

The baton twirling was very good.

Thanks for making my coffee almost come out of my nose.. ha ha ha ha hahahahaha [lol]

Yeah that was hard to watch. I was half expecting him to start twerking. (insert vomiting emoticon here)

You made my morning Searcy :)

Roth + Spandex = me never becoming a real VH fan.

Eddie was/is awesome though!

that right there is it. EVH can play. I've always acknowledged that. but it was always the posturing and antics of "That guy", that turned me off of the whole thing. I always liked Van Hagar better.

Ya know, when it's time to quit, it's simply that, but I did see some ever so dim glimmers of the former brilliance from all of them...I feel bad for Wolfgang...guess Anthony's content with the 'ol Chickenfoot...are they still a thing? Ain't heard much about them since that first record they did...

Ya know, when it's time to quit, it's simply that, but I did see some ever so dim glimmers of the former brilliance from all of them...I feel bad for Wolfgang...guess Anthony's content with the 'ol Chickenfoot...are they still a thing? Ain't heard much about them since that first record they did...

Sammy Hagar Touring with Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham and the Wabos This Summer

Written by: Rock Cellar Magazine Staff

Hagar and Anthony, live.

This summer, Sammy Hagar will hit the road for a tour with his longtime band, the Wabos.

On select nights, however, the show will feature a supergroup of sorts in place of the Wabos: bassist Michael Anthony (of Chickenfoot and formerly Van Halen) and drummer Jason Bonham (John Bonhams son) will play with Hagar and Vic Johnson (of the Wabos).

Called A Journey Through the History of Rock, the special lineup will play the following dates:

Wow.

Is this a recent show? That's really a good question.

I understand Dave was VERY rusty when they first re-formed. And of corse, age hits the singer first. His "style" of live performance didn't lend itself to getting old, either.

I GET IT.

But what I don't understand here, is many of the things wrong with this seem to me fixable with PRACTICE. When I used to give a poor performance, I went and practiced everything that sucked that I could fix, as did everyone who ever "sucked" at one time.

Learning the words, timing, singing in tune (and also hitting notes that work), STILL this bad?

Nobody is above practice.

Archived