Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul 2014 R8 VOS question

gtr475

I just got a beautiful 2014 R8 in Bourbon burst. It was designated (HPD) What I assume is Handpicked.

The guitar had zebra custom buckers and Grover's installed from the factory.

Its a real player and resonates like crazy when played. [thumbup]

Anybody know if this is a special run or do Gibson just make some guitars different from time to time?

The place where I bought it from did not have additional info. Serial #841720

IMG_0514_zpsufjgwxyp.jpg

IMG_0528_zps7qbmzbpf.jpg

IMG_0510_zpsfmpxypei.jpg

Wow.. that's a real beauty you have there [thumbup]

And they have been making reissues for quite a while now.. Pippy is a real expert on this stuff so he may chime in....

Check this video.. at about 5 mins in they go over to a new prototype where they are working on some new techniques.. so they do change slightly.. But obviously the point of these guitars is to be as close as possible to the original guitars specs..

Just to say; that guitar is absolutely gorgeous. And seeing it has fired up my GAS to crazy high levels!

From what I've heard, even though the reissue models are common on Gibson production, some occasional guitars get a special looking-at; hand-picked timbers, etc.

One of my locals got a batch of these in 2013, and they take some already exceptional reissue guitars to special levels.

I just got a beautiful 2014 R8 in Bourbon burst. It was designated (HPD) What I assume is Handpicked.

The guitar had zebra custom buckers and Grover's installed from the factory.

Its a real player and resonates like crazy when played. [thumbup]

Anybody know if this is a special run or do Gibson just make some guitars different from time to time?

The place where I bought it from did not have additional info. Serial #841720

Maybe you should post this in the Les Paul section. It gets more people going through it than this section does.

Archived