Gibson Brands Forums

Rolling Stones 2015 Tour Announced

Frances50

The Stones finally announced their 2015 tour dates? Looks like ticket prices range from $69.50 to $350.00. Thoughts on going? This will probably be their last tour. I think I may try for the Raleigh show on July 1st.

I've never seen the Stones live, and frankly, have no desire to do so. I know people who've seen them and the reviews range from awful to awesome. I don't think I would recognize any Stones song put out since about the early 70's. They could go away and I for one wouldn't miss them. My opinion, yours may be different.

I have seen them only once. It was some years ago, in support of "Bridges" album.

About that time, seen them a few times on the TV and can see where sometimes, they can be not-so-good. Even a trainwreck.

But I have to say, the show I saw was one of the BEST live shows I have ever seen, and likely will.

They play Rock and Roll like they own it, like they invented it. And they did. And they prove it.

Something about seeing grandpa blow us away with one riff or chord that's heavier, meaner, rocks harder that blows my mind.

Yes I'll go, hopefully here in LA. I saw them in 78 in New Orleans, 89 in Houston, and 1990 something in San Francisco. Loved every concert. Had tickets to see them in Newark for the 50th anniversary and got a call at 3 A.M. from American airlines that the flight was cancelled. A friend who went sold my tickets for a loss. Depressing.

I have seen them only once. It was some years ago, in support of "Bridges" album.

About that time, seen them a few times on the TV and can see where sometimes, they can be not-so-good. Even a trainwreck.

But I have to say, the show I saw was one of the BEST live shows I have ever seen, and likely will.

They play Rock and Roll like they own it, like they invented it. And they did. And they prove it.

Something about seeing grandpa blow us away with one riff or chord that's heavier, meaner, rocks harder that blows my mind.

Same impression here, I saw them here in Nashville in '97 on that tour and it was fantastic. Ron Wood is the working musician on that band.

They are coming to Nashville on this tour but I am on the fence about it, the latest footage I have seen is not promising.

I am torn between taking the chance to see them again and sucking or remembering them the way I saw them.

I saw them in the "Steel Wheelchairs" tour in '89 and they where getting old then. Sorry - but I have no interest in seeing them live 26 years later!!

Steel wheelchairs tour [laugh]

Yeah... you're right though, 45 seemed so damned old back then :(

you know, amongst all the discussion of Stones, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Black Sabbath and others, a band will shortly commence its 50th Anniversary World Tour with probably a lot less fanfare but immense respect from those who understand the contribution made. Kudos to Rudolph, Klaus, Matthias and the others of the mighty Scorpions. A rare achievement and rockin' still. [thumbup]

Interesting responses. I want to see them because I'm 60 and my favorite bands are disappearing. I've seen a good many oldies lately. Some good, some not so good but I want to see them just to say I crossed this one off my bucket list. Kinda like learning to play guitar.

F- No. I saw them in '81 and it was the worst concert I ever saw. Just because you can tour doesn't mean you have too. Dinosaurs ruled the Earth millions of years ago. Old geezers please if you are reading this please stop touring. That includes band I love like Yes and Aerosmith and The Who ect.. Enough already. You had your years of glory and it is over. Who bought the last Stones album anyway and what was it called?

I am ninety-some percent with you here. The exception is The Who. I think they still have it even if Townshend exclusively plays Strats. Saw them back in 2000 when The Ox was still kicking it and was blown away at how good they were*

* wow, guess that was fifteen years ago.

If you have never seen them before and you see them once and it blows that is the memory you will live with. I saw them once and it sucked. George Thorogood and J Geils opened an made the Stones look silly. They should be ashamed to have 100 extra people on stage to try to make themselves sound half way decent.

When I saw them they had some backup singers, and that's it.

And if it isn't obvious, I SAW what I heard, and it wasn't anyone else but them.

Some new news on this

Rolling Stones to Play Entire “Sticky Fingers” Album on Upcoming Tour?

Fast on the heels of news that the Rolling Stones are touring this summer comes word that the band is considering performing their classic 1971 album, Sticky Fingers, in its entirety. “We're floating the idea of playing the whole album,” Mick Jagger tells Rolling Stone. “At the very least, we'll play the songs we don't normally play.” A deluxe version of the album hits stores on May 26, which will no doubt figure into the decision. One concern of Jagger’s is that the disc contains a preponderance of slow-tempo songs—“Normally we just [perform] one or two ballads,” he says—but the band plans to explore the idea in rehearsals nonetheless. “I'm sure we'll have a go at it,” he says. “We play a lot of the tunes and know them pretty well. I think we've played them all at least once. It's not like trying to do [the 1967 psych-rock album] Their Satanic Majesties Request.”

Archived