Gibson Brands Forums

My new Blueridge has become

agradeleous

my main guitar I thinkI posted about can't remember here model is Br180a . I've installed the mini flex 2 model one mic system . I did a little demo and by no means is it great lol .

Hope that works anyway so why am I telling you folks right ? I mean heck this the Epi forum right ? Yup it is .

Well every now and then my other baby my DR500MCE needs attention so I pick her up for some picking .

What's the point you ask well lol she is even though I love my new BR I have to say that I love the DR just as much .

Her volume is no where as loud but her tone ... Man her tone is soft and beautiful . Every time I pick her up I just go .... Wow!

I'm going on I know but I'd thought I'd share and I'd thought I'd share an idea that I'm going to try .

I'm very impressed with natural Beauty if mini flex 2 and if you guitar has great tone this pick up is for you if you want that sound like I do.

I've had issues that I mentioned in another thread with the E sonic 2 that I have fixed but it's not 100%

So instead beating myself in the head anymore I've decided to do this .

Install one mini flex system

Install the the shadow under saddle panoramic system in hope of less issues with system over the E-2

I'm believing that wound give me the best of both worlds I want .

The recoding possibilities will be fantastic . So I'm off to plan and start the fund .

In the mean time I'll take the mini flex out the BR and install in the Dr to make sure the sound is what I hope . Then I'll move to stage two lol

I have high hopes the DR will sound great with the mini flex .

Thanks for reading play well and happy recording and I'll update as I go but it will take some time , ;)

Ags

• 2 weeks later...

Ok installed mini flex and wow .... Man bummer I'm not feeling it I just do a recording and post it .

I going into tone overkill driving myself nuts trying to figure out what the heck sound I want and will settle down with to make my own .

Ugh ....... 😕

Ok installed mini flex and wow .... Man bummer I'm not feeling it I just do a recording and post it .

I going into tone overkill driving myself nuts trying to figure out what the heck sound I want and will settle down with to make my own .

Ugh ....... 😕

No recording . I recorded some but did not save it since was going to try and do a worth while tune but I ended forgetting and restrung the BR removing the mini from the DR .

The sound from the DR was to muddy low end wise the bass just seemed to run a muck with droning effect .

Archived