Gibson Brands Forums

ES-335 Studio Wine Red 2015

hi13ts

Hi friends,

I'm in a place where I'm really gassing for this model, but since no shops in my area carry it, I'm afraid to blindly buy it. I haven't even been able to get my hands on the 2013 - 2014 335 studios. I would assume that there has been enough time in between release date and now for someone to have picked one up. How is it feeling? Is it sounding like what you'd expect a real 335 to sound? I'm glad it has neck-binding, albeit camouflaged, as it does make a difference in feel. Any good user pictures? Thanks in advance for your time.

I would be hesitant too. I was recently in a shop and saw a new ES-345 re-issue and have been wanting to try one out. It was a 2014 model and I found the fret work rough with no cracks but bumps in the binding at every fret along the neck, a lot file marks on the binding and finger board. The nylon/plastic bridge saddles were bending under string tension and a corner was broken off one. One turner was mounted crooked and the binding was uneven in several places. I am not a fan of the VOS finish with the gold hardware looking as if it has some kind of substance on it and not looking worn at all. I have half a dozen Gibsons of different years and I am not into bashing them but I am sure glad I bought a 2009 ES-345. Play before you buy!

Thanks John

Archived