Gibson Brands Forums

What does "Points" mean under one's name when posting on the forum?

QuestionMark

I don't know either but it seems that if you delete posts' date=' you'll end up with negative points so whateveryoudo, don't delete any posts!:-k [/quote']

That doesn't quite add up (forgive the pun).

Last I looked, Mike had like -974 points, and I think he's posted more than most folks here.

Fred

Last I looked' date=' Mike had like -974 points, and I think he's posted more than most folks here.

Fred[/quote']

I noticed that both of us have 16 posts, but I have more points than you do :D/ :-k LOL

Last I looked' date=' Mike had like -974 points, and I think he's posted more than most folks here.

Fred[/quote']

I deleted about a dozen duplicate posts after they showed up after receiving an "error 500" message. That's when all the negative points were assessed. I've heard rumor that some web hosting companies have a point system and when you earn so many points, you can then host your own website at a reduced cost, if you use their software. If that's true, the point system might be something that just came with the software that Gibson's using. Who really knows what it means? I'd like to know myself. Maybe you get a free Gibson after you earn 1000 points????

Gibson has always liked numbers. ie J45, J200, B25, B45, LG0, LG1, LG2, LG3, WM45, J50, J35, J55, J2000, Super 400, ES335, ES125, ES137...bingo! Maybe if your points match a model you get to say your points match a model number.

If the point system has any logic, I should lose points for this post, eh?

QM

I think the point system is on how many posts you make. We all start out as newbies.

As we make more posts we gather more points for each post.

I'm now a member in the member section under my screen name.

Guitarstrummer is a advance members cuz he likes to make alot of posts.

My guess is that the more posts you make the higher ranking you are?

Will we catch up with Guitarstrummer? I'm trying.

This is the best potential explanation yet, especially since GuitarStrummer deleted posts which drove his score negative...on the premise that he had already achieved Advanced Member status before he deleted the posts and drove his score negative. But, why does it seem some posts gain more points...unless that is just fuzzy counting going as we haven't really paid close attention. This still needs a potential explanation as does why most (or all) posts seem to give 3 points. Why not just one point per post. Plus, what comes after Advanced Member. Is it Super Member as Super Gibson models follow Advanced Jumbos? If this occurs, does this foreshadow that will we next see an entry level "Newbie" guitar model coming from Gibson? Oy! Did I actually just say that?

All these questions still remain about these mysterious points.

QM

QuestionMark Wrote:

what comes after Advanced Member. Is it Super Member as Super Gibson models follow Advanced Jumbos? If this occurs, does this foreshadow that will we next see an entry level "Newbie" guitar model coming from Gibson? Oy! Did I actually just say that?

Do you think this Newbie guitar model will come in a Vintage Sunbrust finish?

Archived