Gibson Brands Forums

NGD My first SG

boozeball

I've been wanting one forever, then the other day one of my favorite bands, Kadavar, posted this pic of them with all their SGs and I had to pull the trigger. 11084645_1562417187352859_1343840752_n.jpg

Here is mine, sorry for the low quality phone pic, this thing is a real beauty, hard to find a scratch on it. HUNPlH8.jpg

Congrats

Kadavar rules, saw them live here in Nashville one year ago, there were like 20 fans there. We got to talk to them for a long time.

They were supposed to play here two years ago but all the dates for the southeast were canceled, I was bummed.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a great guitar. Happy New SG Guitar Day. The first SG I ever got to play and keep (temporarily) was my father's 1987 or 89 SG Special with Bigsby.I finally was able to get an SG of my own and now have 3. They are all my faves. In fact I've been spinning off some of my other guitars because they just don't get played. I always grab an SG. Occasionally my LP. Enjoy the heck out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your new SG! I had lusted after one for like 20 years, and the opportunity finally presented itself, and now have a 2013 SG Standard and a 2008 SG Classic. My Telecaster now collects dust! The SG is a very versatile and underrated guitar. Most associate it with heavier music, but man, for the stuff I play (country, alt-country) it's amazing. Enjoy your new baby!

Congrats on your new SG! I had lusted after one for like 20 years, and the opportunity finally presented itself, and now have a 2013 SG Standard and a 2008 SG Classic. My Telecaster now collects dust! The SG is a very versatile and underrated guitar. Most associate it with heavier music, but man, for the stuff I play (country, alt-country) it's amazing. Enjoy your new baby!

That's cool. I also play a less than heavy style on mine. I think I watched too many videos of Todd Rundgren playing an SG and then I just had to have one. I think you can play any style on pretty much any guitar.

Archived