Gibson Brands Forums

NGD 2014 cherry sg

bongofury

Continued from other post on 2013 or 14 Anyway I picked up the new left over 2014 cherry sg. I picked this one out of 5 sg's

3 2013 and 2 2014. Thanks for all the insight from the forum. It is true you have to play and pick what's right for you.

And I just felt the 14 was everything I wanted

The neck the fret over binding and the coil taps. It feels great and comfortable I can't put it down.

The only thing I'm not sure about it the mini tune I could take it or leave it it.

I will probable take it off at some point. The only real complaint is the cheap *** case. Feels like cardboard covered in

Vintage Gibson brown. My last sg case was solid and had a silk lining to cover guitar.

Thanks again to all

PS I just saw Dweezil zappa last night awesome guitar player.playing his dad's sg .

Here's my baby

post-48817-019357400 1428176181_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all.

I'm really surprised at the quality of the one I Got its great.

I've heard some complaints of others.

but the 2014 seems right on its like a one year make 13 and under all similar and

15 new style not for me with zero nut and low frets wonder if they will keep on that path .

They did cheap out on the case though. And I think I need a real pro set up

I think I don't have enough neck relief . No gap when I do the test.

And have to check intonation . Trying learn about all this stuff.

Can anyone recommend a good book or video on guitar set up

Thanks

Bongofury

VERY NICE! Congrats!! I love the grain on that baby!

There are 1,298,642 books and instructional videos on guitar set up...oops....1,298,643...

The internet can be your best friend, or worst enemy; beware.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with anything from Stew Mac. They have a TON of free video "how-to's" and "Tips 'n Tricks". Dan Erlwine is one of the most respected guys out there. Check out their site and then in the search box just put in there what you are looking for. They have books and videos you can purchase too.

I'm sure others will make recommendations.

Again congrats and best wishes!

Brian

Archived