Gibson Brands Forums

Kluson Sealfast part.....

Hi Gang,

Do any of you guys know the size of the eyelet/rivet used to secure the housing to the backplate on the Sealfast tuner?

The same would be used on a Waffleback (I think....)

I also need to locate these. McMaster Carr doesn't have anything like it that I've found....

The good folks at Kluson/WD couldn't help, but they did say a re-issue Sealfast is "on the drawing board"....

All the best,

Chef

I just googled images to see what you were talking about. It looks to be a brass "split-rivet", or "flared" brass tubing.

I have no idea how it attaches to the underside of the housing, do you have one apart that you could take and post photos of the underside of?

IF.... it is simply some sort of brass rivet, you mind find something like that at a leather craft or jewelry making type of craft store.

Thanks.

I actually should post some pics of this.

I'm not sure if any one has been foolhardy enough to dissect one before! LOL!

I have heard about Wafflebacks getting taken apart....

The back plates are secured to the housing by two hollow rivets at either end.

The head is countersunk to accept the screws that secure the tuner to the peg head.

The back of the rivet is flared out and pressed flat so that the back plate is secured to the gear housing.

Simple as that.

I thought that brass eyelets from a hobby shop might work, but was weary that the heads are not countersunk.

Cheers!

Chef

Archived