Gibson Brands Forums

'78 The Paul

charisjapan

(not sure if Norlin Era is Vintage enough, but ...)

So got a call from a buddy I've known since I was a teen, and he said, "Can you stop by?" Sure! He told me he was renovating his apartment, and asked me to take a few things off his hands. I was on my bike that day, but was not going to let the opportunity pass me by. Honestly, I did not even know he played guitar ... he's a drummer! (but still a good friend) The Tele was modded beyond all playability, and water damage to case and guitar, but the Gibby was stock, and only needed a little TLC.

I had never seen a wood case like this, he said it was OEM. The back of The Paul had some weird vinyl stuck on it ... I would have preferred buckle rash, as it was a lot of work to get it off. The bridge had a few rotted screws, just replaced it. The original T-tops did not sound epic in any way, so Burstbuckers make this thing sound like it should.

It's kind of heavy for a thin, beveled guitar, but the neck is straight, the tuners tune, and my friend is happy to give the guitar into a good home. Win/Win!! [thumbup]

cj

10354484745_a9f535658f_b.jpg

10220450785_fde67f8706_b.jpg

10220471436_fe97ed25ae_b.jpg

10220572303_44d77556d8_b.jpg

10260920114_2d1360d0da_b.jpg

Archived