Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Genesis HSC

Dr.Guitar

So a lot of the on-line stores are selling these instruments at great prices, and having missed the opportunity to get an original model in '79, I was really pleased to be able to get one now. One big problem... Epiphone did not supply enough of the special anniversary hardshell cases to cover the number of instruments out there. Not even close. So I contacted Epiphone customer service a month ago to see if a) I could get a lead on a vendor that might have one in stock, B) if Epiphone was going to restock HSC for those owners wanting one, c) if they had any viable suggestions for an alternative to their oversight/short sightness on this particular issue. No reply. Having a large number of guitars in my collection, I have some sort of protection for transportation or storage for all of them. So I started reading specs from every Chinese/Korean/Japanese produced model regardless of manufacturer to find a case that would properly fit the Genesis model. The match turned out to be an Ibanez artist double cutaway model case. It is a little snug over the body, but it closes firmly and the case is padded enough not to press on the guitar so it would be damaged. Problem solved.

Archived