Gibson Brands Forums

Help identify this Gibson hardcase

J-PPP

hey, J-PPP. That is kinda reminiscent to the case that came with my 79 E2. But my case has been spray painted black and the latches have been replaced with what looks like the latches off an old suitcase. Primo craftsmanship (not).

Seeing your case makes me wonder if Gibson had a "One size fits all" type case for those who, I don't know... somehow lost their case or drove over it with their car or something. Or screwed it up by replacing the hardware with the hinges and latches off dads old Samsonite. I don't know.

It also looks a lot like my SG case (but my SG case is black), so that may support my "One size fits all" theory.

We both know its not a LP case. So maybe Gibson did have a good, non-custom, rectangular case that would hold a huge number of electric git-fiddles, just in case the owners original case were to strangely disappear.

But I have no idea. Hopefully someone can answer your question. I'm thinking the case is non-specific.

I forgot what your question was.

I thought you were wondering about what model the case was for. D'oh!

I don't know the age, but I would think its value would be about 75 bucks. But I have no idea what cases go for now. But if I needed a rectangular flight case, I would happily pay 75 bucks for it.

Archived