Gibson Brands Forums

Second Epiphone, first keeper!

Scootch

Got an Ex.Cond. Epiphone AJ-500RNS yesterday. It's a very very like-able guitar. The unwound strings seem a little bright, but that might be the strings the seller out on it. They look new and I'm sure they aren't the best he could find. Plus it's rosewood and a little more dynamic than Mahoghany. Not that I don't love my hogs.

Plays great, I'm planning on having a bone saddle fitted. Probably put some Martin Monel Retros on it.

The Advanced Jumbo type fits well in my stable.

I say my second Epiphone, since I once owned the worlds worst IB Texan for an entire weekend.

This one is a keeper.

Got an Ex.Cond. Epiphone AJ-500RNS yesterday. It's a very very like-able guitar. The unwound strings seem a little bright, but that might be the strings the seller out on it. They look new and I'm sure they aren't the best he could find. Plus it's rosewood and a little more dynamic than Mahoghany. Not that I don't love my hogs.

Plays great, I'm planning on having a bone saddle fitted. Probably put some Martin Monel Retros on it.

The Advanced Jumbo type fits well in my stable.

I say my second Epiphone, since I once owned the worlds worst IB Texan for an entire weekend.

This one is a keeper.

Congratulations! that's a great guitar! I also have an AJ-500RNS. These generally came with a bone saddle and nut from the factory. Never seen one that didn't , so you may not need to change that out unless the previous owner did. Good luck with it..very dynamic guitar with rich sound!

Got an Ex.Cond. Epiphone AJ-500RNS yesterday. It's a very very like-able guitar.

HNGD! Glad to hear it compares well to the other very fine guitars in your collection. I absolutely love my rosewood Masterbilt EF-500RAVS.

Archived