Gibson Brands Forums

Del Rey

Newhardware

This looks interesting. I can't find any on eBay or anywhere else so I'm not sure if that's a good sign or a bad sign! :unsure:

Does anyone know much about the solid body Del Rey's made during the late 90's? There's not a lot about them on Google and I'd love know if it's a good guitar.

I did play a couple of them back then. I thought they were both, all three, however many it was, were all outstanding guitars. At that time I had an early 90's Epi LP, these things were way nicer material way better put together than my particular LP.

rct

A most excellent tone machine that nails the Santana vibe dead on.

Stock with Original Bill Lawrence Humbucker Coil-Tapped Pickups,

I've modded mine with a Gibson Nashville Bridge, TP6 Tailpiece and a Fender LSR nut.It's now a world class guitar for less than a grand.

I've also swapped out the pickup rings, pickup selector plate and pickguard with polished metal versions, to give a more finished look.

A simply beautiful guitar in my eyes,it looks and plays like a custom made original. That's the thing with epiphones, they make a lot of guitars that are great foundations for customization, and the majority of their axes are made JUST RIGHT THE WAT THEY ARE.

LEE MALIA MODEL, 50TH ANNIVERSARY CRESTWOOD, just to name a couple, their are many, many others...

Archived