Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement PCB For My 2014 LP Classic

jaygl

Long shaft pots for LPs, but I'm not sure about contact compatibility.

By the way, I would insist on keeping the split option. It's of higher importance to me than separate tone controls or looks. But this is just me [biggrin]

If I decide to gut it and go for traditional wiring, can anyone tell me if I need short or long shaft pots? I'm thinking long shaft, but am not sure.

My opinion is save your money on the PCB and just re-wire it in a traditional manner. But that is only my opinion.

And as Cap said, long shaft pots...

Thanks for the responses. I prefer the tone pot cause I use them , whereas I have not really fell in love with the boost function. As for the coil split, are there pots i can get that will allow me to keep it? And if i decide to ditch it, how do I wire up the 2 wires from the PUP's? Just twist 'em together and solder as normal?

Guest Farnsbarns

Thanks for the responses. I prefer the tone pot cause I use them , whereas I have not really fell in love with the boost function. As for the coil split, are there pots i can get that will allow me to keep it? And if i decide to ditch it, how do I wire up the 2 wires from the PUP's? Just twist 'em together and solder as normal?

Yes. Push pull pots are readily available. If you post your final decision on what you want I'll happily find/make you a diagram.

Yes. Push pull pots are readily available. If you post your final decision on what you want I'll happily find/make you a diagram.

Hey, thanks man. I'd ultimately like to keep the coil tap, but loose the mini toggle in favor of a tone pot.

here is a good source of wireing setups

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

I'd ditch the PCB.

that min toggle will require the hole to be bored out, someone did that here already but their posts have all been removed.

bore out the hole carefully.

Saw his posts and his FB page. Just waiting for the reamer in the mail. Thanks for the links.

Guest Farnsbarns

Saw his posts and his FB page. Just waiting for the reamer in the mail. Thanks for the links.

Sounds like you're sorted. Let us know if you need any more help. I don't look jn here much so feel free to PM me to get my attention.

Archived