Gibson Brands Forums

LP Classic 2015 vs LP Traditional 2014

hoross

Since i already use a gibson lp traditional 2014 i wanted to buy another one in heritage cherry sunburst altough im still hesitating with the lp classic 2015 seafoam green i heard this guitar is much better then the classic 2014 cause i really hated the classic 2014. Its a shame i cannot try the classic 2015 anywhere,so what would be your thoughts here? I heard the pups on the 2015 classic are much better then the traditional im still confused [confused] [confused]

The biggest changes will be all the 2015 appointments (wide neck, brass zero fret nut, lower fret wire etc)..

Apart from that I think the specs between 2014 and 2015 are the same... Its the older Classics that are different with the 500t and 496r pickup combo.... Since 2014 the Classic uses a 57 Classic and Super 57.. But both the 2015 and 2014 Classic also have a boost switch instead of an extra tone knob...

If you want a classic Classic id suggest you go 2013 or older. :)

Hi

Both are great, but its an easy answer if you can respond some of these questions.

Is the wider neck and gforce tuning a plus?

Is the 2015 logo on the headstock nice to you?

What about the boost? Is it a useful feature?

Being modern relief against a solid body i guess the classic will be lighter.

Its very subjective, and depends on your need.

Still.. my vote is for the trad.

Cheers

Since i already use a gibson lp traditional 2014 i wanted to buy another one in heritage cherry sunburst altough im still hesitating with the lp classic 2015 seafoam green i heard this guitar is much better then the classic 2014 cause i really hated the classic 2014. Its a shame i cannot try the classic 2015 anywhere,so what would be your thoughts here? I heard the pups on the 2015 classic are much better then the traditional im still confused [confused] [confused]

The pickup's in the 2015 Classic are the same as the 2014 classic....57, and super 57, so, seeing as you hated the '14's, the classic prob isn't the guitar for you.

Archived