Gibson Brands Forums

What LP model is this?

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and could use your help identifying this LP I purchased off of Craigslist. The seller told me it is a Standard, but I'm not entirely sure. It does not have a truss rod cover or pick guard. The pickups are not original and the pots and knobs appear to have been replaced, at least I think they have. I do believe it is a legitimate LP but gutted.

I've emailed Gibson and they believe it is a Traditional Pro. The color and design match but there are some discrepancies. They are: tuners are Grover but not locking, pots are not push/pull, knobs are speed knobs and not top hat. As I already stated the pickups are not original. The following are pictures of the guitar I bought. Thanks in advance for your help.

Pots.jpg

Serial%20Number.jpg

Headstock.jpg

Neck%20Cavity.jpg

Front%20Full.jpg

Bridge%20Cavity.jpg

Front%20close%20up.jpg

Back.jpg

Hi to All,

this is my first post so I hope not to make mistakes (I thought it was not necessary to open a new topic)

I ask you for some help. I just bought a used Gibson Les Paul, which is supposed to be a Standard. I was wondering if you can help me identifying the exact model. Serial Number is: 102620482

Headstock back is printed with Made in USA 2012. Guitar is in very good conditions (except for a few scratch), the colour is Iced Tea, flamed top (I do not know if AA or different). It is perfectly tuned, it sounds ok. I really like it, it is my first Les Paul. It should be a chambered 2008 style Standard, although it has Gibson deluxe tuning instead on Grover's and it has not written Standard on the headstock.

I attached a few pictures to help.

Thanks anyway

post-71655-064985000 1429087250_thumb.jpg.jpg]Sergio

post-71655-014760800 1429087240_thumb.jpg

Hello Sergio and welcome to the Forums!

I guess, Yours is a Traditional. If so, it's swiss-cheesed (traditional weight-relief).

Traditional-Weight-Relief-LP.jpg

Made on 26th of January. Production Number: 182

Cheers... Bence

Archived