Gibson Brands Forums

Does Gibson ever respond to their "contact" emails

I have 5 Gibson guitars, a 1996 LP Custom Shop Standard, a 2011 Traditional, a 2008 Special, a 1974 L5S, and a 2006 Historic J-200. Over the last year I've twice submitted questions using the email form on their contacts page and I've never heard a peep from them.

Has anyone ever had success getting a response?

Thanks for any feedback.

Yes, I've posted directly from the Gibson.com contact page. Silence.

Tell them that you are living in China. They may reply?....or not. Seems that Customer Service is 'lacking' in the new millennium for a lot of corporations. I complained about the Scott toilet paper that I buy on a toll-free number and got all kinds of 'free' coupons,,,,No Shiite!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

You'd have a much better chance of a return to your email, with your credit card number included, or a pre paid envelope with American cash money in it, just as long as it is an easy question to answer. Your question might be more accurately answered by a very few, and I mean a very few members that frequent this forum. Good luck to you which way you decide to go.

From what I've seen by others asking before the answer is YES but no one can figure out WHY they got a response & others Don't seem too???

Try giving them a call & get instant gratification @ the same time..

Good Luck & see you over at mylespaul.com/forum

Here's Gibsons Phone #s USA: 1-800-4GIBSON Europe: 00+8004GIBSON1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Back to the Gibson " contact us" line....

I have had one and one only ever connection to a personal response. I asked about sourcing a replacement part for my '86 SG special 400. They said: I don't know how we could help you with that.

And that was it. I would have received more help from the local pawnshop.

Berd.i

not to be a putz, but Berd, why not add a little bit of info and tell us what part you were sourcing.

because IME, Gibson Customer Support has been excellent.

I've called for replacement parts at least three times.. and at least three times, they have not only shipped what I needed, but in two cases "Extra" parts in case I ever needed them again.. for free..........

Great comment, not a putz at all.

I have an '86 SG special post-69752-042956000 1434987170_thumb.jpg400 that came with an HSS configuration. The two single coil are mounted in a humbucker style mount, but sized for single coils. The photo shows she has some wear after 30 years ( I bought used). I wanted to refresh but would rather have the stock look so I need replacement parts. I will have to measure and get them custom built....unless there is someone out there....

not to be a putz, but Berd, why not add a little bit of info and tell us what part you were sourcing.

because IME, Gibson Customer Support has been excellent.

I've called for replacement parts at least three times.. and at least three times, they have not only shipped what I needed, but in two cases "Extra" parts in case I ever needed them again.. for free..........

Archived