Gibson Brands Forums

Interview with Gibson Acoustic's Don Ruffatto

JuanCarlosVejar

1429045404[/url]' post='1649701']

Okay, , , a nice fellow it seems, but he doesn't use to oppotunity to say anything specifically new in this clip, does he. .

Then look here - and listen between 1:27 and 37 - Exciting, , , , what are the words. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnBFaMMQw_0

Thermally cured top? There are about nine different nomenclatures for these cooked tops. The Martins with them are sure getting high praise. Intrigued for sure.

Thermally cured top? There are about nine different nomenclatures for these cooked tops. The Martins with them are sure getting high praise. Intrigued for sure.

Cooked, , , have they been in the oven or in the fridge, , , the first, one suppose. .

I guess I'm more curious now to hear if there is a difference firsthand.

So absolutely - will the top be looser thus more responsive, pourous and vintage sounding. A hypothesis.

Notice the matt flier is without headstock decal this time. ^

Cooked, , , have they been in the oven or in the fridge, , , the first, one suppose. .

I cannot but help but believing the idea for cooking a guitar top must have originated in some mad man;s mind. Here's my $99 Frankenstein guitar getting cooked...

P1040652_zpscaaf5fea.jpg

I cannot but help but believing the idea for cooking a guitar top must have originated in some mad man;s mind. Here's my $99 Frankenstein guitar getting cooked...

Hehe, , , you hazardous jester.

But I remember seeing a video on the Tube where tops were baked like overnite - or was is frozen deeeeep down.

Okay, , , a nice fellow it seems, but he doesn't take the opportunity to say anything specifically new in this clip, does he. .

Then look here - and listen between 1:27 and 37 - Exciting, , , , what are the words. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnBFaMMQw_0

How tall is Greg, is he standing on a box? That Bird looks beautiful.

P1040652_zpscaaf5fea.jpg

All the guitar makers are cooking their tops now....

All good now when the stuff is new and everyone watching and everyone careful, but can you imagine a few years down the road and someone posts to the forum: "I just bought a toast model J459+7xToast2 and I think they have burned the toast a bit - it is a bit black and splintery! Should I send it back - I want my money back?"

Followed later by headlines on tv: "Massive fire destroys famous guitar factory!"

Fire and wood= 8-[

BluesKing777.

How tall is Greg, is he standing on a box? That Bird looks beautiful.

Like his playing, we're in 'category large'.

Use the 2 guitars as measure-sticks. Or see him present for Wildwood and get the picture by doin' the same. .

I happen to actually have met Greg - he fills the room* (and btw talked fire 'bout Birds - owns a D-28 himself as I recall it).

* Apart from the fact that our encounter took place in an enormous hall [rolleyes]

Archived