Gibson Brands Forums

LP Studio- photo or not in case?

BlueJenny

tried to search the faqs or archives for this newbie questio with no success.

Do 2015 LP studios cone with a factory photo of the matched guitar in the case?

Emailed Gibson directly days ago with this question but no reply yet.

Thanks for any insight.

Blue Jenny

Thanks Bence!

The guy at GC where I bought it told me Gibson LP's come with a photo of the guitar, taken at the factory, prior to shipping them out. Read something similar online but can't recall where. Perhaps it's the Standards and Traditionals he was referring to.

It's my first Gibson LP, and I LOVE it. I just wanted make sure I wasn't missing any of the "getting a brand new Gibson" experience.

Cheers,

Blue Jenny

Mail room musta been floor to ceiling with stacks of angry letters from would-have-been-customers if only it came with a selfie next to the case at the Tune Up Station. Damn it!

rct

Does any guitar come with a photo from the factory matching it with a case?

rct

I know for a fact that Sweetwater sends you the photos of your guitar that were on the website. a very nice feature! i also asked zzounds to email me pics of my LP recently but because i bought it so long ago, the photos were gone. As for the factory sending photos, that may just be a case of another guitar center rep who doesn't know what he's talking about. it happens.

Thanks to all for your thoughts/info.

Now that I know there's no photo involved, the LP sounds horrible, and I'm considering returning it. ;)

I vote for birth certificates. All my guitars are/were shiny and smooth when new, and I worry about dropping them. They all can make me laugh or cry, cost more money than I counted on, and don't want to leave the house even when they're showing signs of being old enough to be on their way...

Here's my newest baby, below, in all her glory. Added a (Gibson) pick guard immediately, and am considering black pickup & toggle rings, OR a pick guard in the dark creme that the PU and toggle rings are. Didn't love the color combo at first, but it's growing on me, just like my other 'babies' without birth certificates did...

Besides, everyone knows color coordinated guitars have more tone... ;)

Cheers

Now that I know there's no photo involved, the LP sounds horrible, and I'm considering returning it. ;)

I vote for birth certificates. All my guitars are/were shiny and smooth when new, and I worry about dropping them. They all can make me laugh or cry, cost more money than I counted on, and don't want to leave the house even when they're showing signs of being old enough to be on their way...

Here's my newest baby, below, in all her glory. Added a (Gibson) pick guard immediately, and am considering black pickup & toggle rings, OR a pick guard in the dark creme that the PU and toggle rings are. Didn't love the color combo at first, but it's growing on me, just like my other 'babies' without birth certificates did...

Cheers

lol looks nice but i think that cat isn't sure about it

The cat has issues with anything I may love more than him. My wife loves that cat even more than me, but the cat loves me way more than my wife most of the time. Cat with issues.. kinda like his owner...

Blue Jenny has a couple of current (acoustic) sibs, all Jenny's with different colored first names... She's my fav, and first electric ever.

Feel like a roided out superman when I try to bend strings, but I'm learning and loving it.

Thanks Bence!

The guy at GC where I bought it told me Gibson LP's come with a photo of the guitar, taken at the factory, prior to shipping them out. Read something similar online but can't recall where. Perhaps it's the Standards and Traditionals he was referring to.

It's my first Gibson LP, and I LOVE it. I just wanted make sure I wasn't missing any of the "getting a brand new Gibson" experience.

Cheers,

Blue Jenny

The only matching I can think of are with the figured maple tops, not to the case. Gibson is now having the guys who match some tops sign them in some way I believe. Only on certain models and I'm not sure if a pic is involved.

I know for a fact that Sweetwater sends you the photos of your guitar that were on the website. a very nice feature!

Yep. I expect it's Sweetwater that has the photos taken, not the factory. And they're a full set of photos of the actual guitar that you'll be getting. They usually give you a choice of four different guitars. Seems like some of the other outlets might be doing that now. Yes, an excellent feature that makes it a little less scary buying a guitar without playing it first.

That's a nice Manhattan Midnight you've got there BlueJenny!

Cheers

Nice guitar, congrats.

I vote for all black (p-rings, switch ring) but keep the originals.

The only matching I can think of are with the figured maple tops, not to the case. Gibson is now having the guys who match some tops sign them in some way I believe. Only on certain models and I'm not sure if a pic is involved.

jesus_facepalm-79286674060c5b8f6644bfff4ae069a2.jpg

rct

Cheers

This is why I vote for cream pickup rings, black speed knobs and NO pickguard. But this is just me... [biggrin]

Congrats on your nice buy, Jenny, and have much playing fun! [thumbup]

Thanks to all for their insight/info/comments. Especially rct and cjsinla for pointing out the obvious absurdity of my og question. I'm a newbie here, and value fun above absurdity, and most of the time think they're the same thing...

I feel the black pup/toggle rings have have brought more tone to a guitar that was already awesome. ;)

Pics forthcoming, but busy playing it first. Love to all...

BlueJenny

PS- this IS my first electric, any great advice on pick up heigth? Did a template before pup switch but I'm not home yet...

Speaking for myself, I didn't think your question was absurd, I think that it is something just absurd enough for Gibson to do it.

The Jesus Face Palm was in response to the guys that bookmatch the tops signing them. That too is something just absurd enough that Gibson would do it.

You could easily have been told that by anyone in a store or online, so it was a fair question.

rct

Archived