Gibson Brands Forums

Should i sell my Thunderhorse?

mickbarb

Hi guys,

i have a Gibson Thunderhorse explorer and i am undecided if i should sell the guitar as I've never really played it (and i want a baritone acoustic) or keep it as a future investment. I've posted some expressions of interest on a local sydney instrument trader and have had a whole lot of enquiries which made me think this may eventually be a tidy little asset. i don't know a lot about them and was wondering do you guys think it may be worth a bit one day or should i let it go?.... selling guitars is the worst.... thanks for your input

The way I look at it is unless you're rich and have multiple guitars that you do play, then having a guitar around that you don't play is just another guitar laying around. But if there are other guitars out there you would rather have and would play and having this one keeps you from getting that guitar, what good is it really? Life is too short to keep "stuff" around that you don't use when there are things you want or need that you would use.

Don't even know what it is.

But as far as guitars as "investments"...You are always going to take a loss selling vs buying, just like anything. But besides that, it's impossible to predict which guitars will be worth "more" than others until the future happens.

Now, as far as prices going up, they all go up. So if the price of this baby goes up along with the rest of everything, so will what you buy.

Because of that, I would lean toward keeping what I like, as the "investment" to me is that I will have it down the road when the time comes I can't afford to buy it.

Archived