Gibson Brands Forums

9 years old.

LarryUK

And playing for Carlos on this one!

Awesome.

I only hope that he has people around him who love him more than the money they can make with him.

AMEN! Along with that gift often comes a price. Reference all the "child prodigy's" whose lives have been devestated by their gifts and others taking advantage of them. Or ingnoring their upbringing. Or enabling them. Having said all that- I still recognize and appreciated giftedness when I see it.

Brian

I think he's about 15 now; the blues he plays in the OP is a Joe Pass one, off one of his 'Live At Montreux' albums.

Probably quite a lot of parental influence causing him to be playing jazz (there's also a vid of him playing "Stella By Starlight"!).

But there's no money in jazz unless you are at the very top of the tree, and even then you need a crossover 'hit' - ideally.

It will be very interesting to see what he does with his talent. Bireli Lagrene and Jimmy Rosenberg come to mind.

Do any UK members remember the name Thomas McRocklin? The mini-Vai from the 80s?

Very talented and exquisite four finger control. I like to see that although compared to this little guy I'm useless.

jdgm is right re the jazz influence. No dosh in it but, by Jesu, it gets you to play some good stuff.

I don't know if this kid can read (I expect he can) but a professional life beckons even if it were so "lowly" as cruise liner pro band playing.

I don't know if this kid can read (I expect he can) but a professional life beckons even if it were so "lowly" as cruise liner pro band playing.

I hope not.

Let's face it, we all like to play, but being a "professional" musician sucks. I wouldn't wish that on a kid.

If he is THAT talented, he might be good at a lot of things. Who knows what he will grow up to and want to do?

This is from wiki:

Lucciano Pizzichini is a child prodigy guitarist and the youngest artist sponsored by Gibson Guitars. He was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina on May 14, 2000. He started to play the guitar at two years old, starting with a one string guitar customized by his father. By the age of three he was beginning to learn simple pieces of music and how to read music.[citation needed] By the age of six, Pizzichini had begun to perform in front of audiences. By the age of 7 he could reel off complex Joe Pass and Pat Martino jazz licks.

Dang it all!! I guess that blows my thinking that I can't ever play that good due to having shorter fingers!!!! :rolleyes: At 9 he's got 1/2 the finger length I have and still can play great.

Now I'll have to come up with a whole new reason to justify why I suck at playing. [cursing]

That guitar looks HUGE. That's really a standard size guitar?

Aster

He's playing a practiced composition. Something kids can learn quite easily if they want/get pushed to.

Let's put it this way, a kid might be able to recite long sections of the Harry Potter books from memory, but an old experienced man can tell you an original story from his own life packed with wisdom.

It's the whole feel vs speed thing again. ask a woman if it's preferable for a man to finish as quickly as possible, or take his sweet time about it ;)

Archived