Gibson Brands Forums

Chibson acoustic

fauvent

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello guys!

Does anyone had experience with/know about a good quality Chibson J-45. If so, do you know where to see them... I've personally seen pretty good Les Paul and SJ200 copies on the internet.

Regards!

No, you haven't seen good copies on the internet. And, there is no such thing as a "good quality" Chibson.

Having said that, being involved with copies and forgeries is really, a display of bad character, and lack of integrity as a person.

I don't think any fan of gibson acoustic would be interested in owning a Chibson.I feel that if you want a gibson acoustic ... the only way to get it is buying one.

JCCould you loan me enough?

I don't understand the Givson thing I did not see any that even looked close to the real thing...

Unless my understanding of English is wrong, the OP is asking about quality level of Chibson guitars - comparatively speaking, Chibson and Givson float at the same low, low level.

Poor quality fake/counterfeit Gibsons check the outrageously criminal Trade Tang.

This is the first time I get this kind of answer in the forum... in the past I got very friendly answers and I felt like the forum was actually a very comfortable place where I could talk with people with the same interests.

Now I see people getting ofended for reasons that honestly I don't understand... Refering to what STEIN said, from my point of view this people who sells "copies" they are not doing anything wrong, they sell them specifying very well that they are not original... I may be wrong in this point because I haven't sit and think about the implications, but from far it doesn't look like a capital sin to me and if someone buy them they are not braking any moral or integrity law... it's just them desition... if you know who to do the guitar, you can sell your habilities, as long as you don't decieve people...

Now my question was pretty damn straght... I asked about experience with that guitars and if someone knows where to see them... Of course I am not generalizing here, and I saw people who read propertly the post and the answer... but for most of you guys I honestly feel agretion...

In the first place, could someone point out where in my post you can read something about "buying" one of those guitars? I want to know more about them because I want to be able to recognize them and have that hability as a tool in the excersise of purshasing instruments... I've seen a very bad copies of them, buy I have seen very good ones... and yes chinese ones... Like the Chinese I phone too... I am basing my conclutions/ideas on this videos where you can see GIBSON OWNERS BYING CHIBSONS... for those people who thinks that "there are no such thing as gibson owners buying chibson", I would say that (and I don't mean to ofend anyone on the contrary I really think this way) to generalize is to be very narrow minded.

Now, I do need to say that I can't have a very deep discution with you guys because I just don't speak english that well. But really, this post gives me the feeling that there is someting personal between lines... like if to talk about china is to talk about the devil... Or like I am talking here about some kind of tabu topic... I don't know if I touched a sensitive fiber here... but I it wasn't the intention obviously.

I am not US citizen and I have never been, I like gibson thou, and I like apple, and I like Wendys too... but there are a lot of things that I don't like from the states too... and I like a lot of things from china too... But I guess that was not the topic... from my point of view (and I really really don't want to go into this, so I am not saying this to continue the topic), the slavery is the rule in China and the US too, and everywhere else in the world, it just has diferent "faces"...

So guys, Guitars... I posted some videos... What do you think about them? To me they look like a pretty good "replica"... AND AGAIN I am not planning to buy one...

This is the first time I get this kind of answer in the forum... in the past I got very friendly answers and I felt like the forum was actually a very comfortable place where I could talk with people with the same interests.

Now I see people getting ofended for reasons that honestly I don't understand...

Like any other unlicensed copies of goods, to me knock-off guitars honestly saying this on the headstock are different from those bearing counterfeited brand labels or trademarks. Just my two cents.

Like any other unlicensed copies of goods, to me knock-off guitars honestly saying this on the headstock are different from those bearing counterfeited brand labels or trademarks. Just my two cents.

Hey capmaster,

Thank you for the answer. Actually I had a J-45 before. I sold it. Now I am thinking to buy one. But I want a used one because I don't like the new ones. I like the ones that were sold between 2004 - 2006... So That's why I post this topic. Because I don't want to be cheated...

Anyways... When I had that J-45 I saw a video of a guy meassuring his gibson headstock... he claimed that was a very accurate way to spot a fake one... it wasn't a J-45 actually... it was a les Paul... I got very supriced when I measure my J-45 headstock... it was actually very diferent!

Regards!

Have you touched these knockoffs?dry.gif

No MR GIBS,

Actually I just bump into them... because I was wondering if you could tell the diference right away... with a naked eye... I saw a SJ200 in a video... I have never played a SJ200 and I have never played a knockoff either, but from a picture or video I can't tell any diference...

I have to point out thou, that the only 2 gibson guitars I can't talk about are the J-45 and the ES330 because I have/had them at some point... and I know all the fine details... and since I have never being very much into the SJ200 I can't be sure... Just from the videos they, and this is only my opinion, I cant tell the diference.

Regards

It took me a few moments to figure out what the f you were talking about, Fauvent. It's something, as Stein said, you shouldn't patronize. Is fake anything worth the time and money?

I am not talking about buying... I was just searching for some feedback...

Regards!

We talkig fake here? Or knockoffs?

I guess both... Rambler... I was just wondering if someone, with a good knowledge of the instrument, could actually be cheated buying a replica of a guitar... You know this happens... It is not my intention to say that this is the same thing, but I saw a documentary not very long ago about one guy who was making replicas of ancient egipcian items... and the guy managed to cheat scientists arround the globe for over a decade... till the caught him...

Regards

Now I see people getting ofended for reasons that honestly I don't understand... Refering to what STEIN said, from my point of view this people who sells "copies" they are not doing anything wrong, they sell them specifying very well that they are not original... I may be wrong in this point because I haven't sit and think about the implications, but from far it doesn't look like a capital sin to me and if someone buy them they are not braking any moral or integrity law...

If I have turned you away from here, or offended you, or more so, attacked YOUR character as a person, I sincerely apologize for that.

Please, let me address this:

What you say here is wrong. "Chibson", and "Givson" guitars, and that WHOLE part of the industry and manufacture, IS morally and ethically wrong. They are copies, illegal ones. That segment of the guitar making is meant not just to rob the legitimate company (Gibson), but it is ALSO meant to rob those that buy them. They do this mainly by marketing false information, deceiving the buyers into thinking they are getting a quality product.

Also, it IS relevant, that the same factories that make these illegal guitars, they also make guitars that say "GIBSON", and they are marketed on the black market, sold through facebook and other means, with marketing aimed at selling to those believing they are getting a real Gibson.

So, yes, they ARE breaking moral and integrity law. If you don't believe that, it is because they have been successful in deceiving you. Which IS their goal. That, as opposed to being honest and up front about quality, as well as THEIR MORAL AND ETHICAL RIGHT TO SELL THEM.

Be aware, in THIS country and in most, they are NOT legal. Being as they are against the law to make and sell, they aren't marketed in a legal market. People not marketing legally rarely tell the truth in their marketing and word of mouth.

You could sum it up by saying, that even being honest about something being illegal to do, doesn't make the rest of it legitimate. And if a person says not illegal, they are telling a lie.

You can decide for yourself, if you want to be a person of character and integrity on this matter. I personally would like to invite you to the side of morality. And friendship. Come on over!

If I have turned you away from here, or offended you, or more so, attacked YOUR character as a person, I sincerely apologize for that.

Please, let me address this:

What you say here is wrong. "Chibson", and "Givson" guitars, and that WHOLE part of the industry and manufacture, IS morally and ethically wrong. They are copies, illegal ones. That segment of the guitar making is meant not just to rob the legitimate company (Gibson), but it is ALSO meant to rob those that buy them. They do this mainly by marketing false information, deceiving the buyers into thinking they are getting a quality product.

Also, it IS relevant, that the same factories that make these illegal guitars, they also make guitars that say "GIBSON", and they are marketed on the black market, sold through facebook and other means, with marketing aimed at selling to those believing they are getting a real Gibson.

So, yes, they ARE breaking moral and integrity law. If you don't believe that, it is because they have been successful in deceiving you. Which IS their goal. That, as opposed to being honest and up front about quality, as well as THEIR MORAL AND ETHICAL RIGHT TO SELL THEM.

Be aware, in THIS country and in most, they are NOT legal. Being as they are against the law to make and sell, they aren't marketed in a legal market. People not marketing legally rarely tell the truth in their marketing and word of mouth.

You could sum it up by saying, that even being honest about something being illegal to do, doesn't make the rest of it legitimate. And if a person says not illegal, they are telling a lie.

You can decide for yourself, if you want to be a person of character and integrity on this matter. I personally would like to invite you to the side of morality. And friendship. Come on over!

Hey Stein,

No hard feelings, and it really shows me that you are a prudent person, by the simple fact of apologize... I appreciate it. I just thought that this one was turning into some kind of ego fights... but anyway...

I said that "from my point of view they are not doing anything wrong" because on the pages I saw, they very clear wrote "copy"... You know I don't want to turn this into a filosofical topic... but you can see this specific topic from very diferent perspectives depending on the person... and as far as I feel... I could be more moral and ethic than you think... and if I start talking about capitalims and privat property, this right now and here... this can turn into completly diferent topic...

Anywat I appreciate the time you took to answer back.

Regards!

Yep...shouldn't have pontificated, Fauvent, when I actually know nothing about fakes and knock-offs, and couldn't address your question. The slavery comment could have been refined, I guess, to mean that it's a government imposed labor and behavioral slavery. That doesn't exist in free nations and societies, and therefore ISN"T present everywhere.

I'm now on the hunt for fake Martins, or Fartins as I like to say.

Good luck with all your guitar escapades.

Archived