Gibson Brands Forums

RAVS goes in the shop

Cougar

Yes, my precious EF500RAVS, lol. Her action was way low when I got her. Hey, that's good. Except she's now settled in to the drier climes, and the top has flattened a tad, causing buzz on the low E and A strings. I really hadn't noticed visually - the top is the first thing I check when I take her out, then the neck, which is always pretty darn straight. Tech said maybe a smidge of relief. I keep her as humid as possible - it's a battle. So off with the fancy fossilized walrus ivory saddle. A new hunk of bone cut for the guitar's current configuration ought to work just fine.

rav212.jpg

Yes, my precious EF500RAVS, lol. Her action was way low when I got her. Hey, that's good. Except she's now settled in to the drier climes, and the top has flattened a tad, causing buzz on the low E and A strings. I really hadn't noticed visually - the top is the first thing I check when I take her out, then the neck, which is always pretty darn straight. Tech said maybe a smidge of relief. I keep her as humid as possible - it's a battle. So off with the fancy fossilized walrus ivory saddle. A new hunk of bone cut for the guitar's current configuration ought to work just fine.

rav212.jpg

I just love OOO and OM sunbursts - I've not noticed this Masterbilt before - been more interested by the AJ style - but wow, now I have taken notice.

Archived