Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Walsh- Rocky Mountain Way

4Hayden

The number one reason I always carry a slide.

rct

The number 1 reason I always carry a talk box.

Wait a minute. Seriously, I've been playing this song since it came out; a bunch. Needless to say, important in my guitar playing career. Funny thing is, I always crank it whenever I hear it playing. Love it.

The number 1 reason I always carry a talk box.

Wait a minute. Seriously, I've been playing this song since it came out; a bunch. Needless to say, important in my guitar playing career. Funny thing is, I always crank it whenever I hear it playing. Love it.

I always crank it too

4H

Though this is another of those beat to death by radio songs.

There's a video clip of Joe introducing "Rocky Mountain Way" from one of Clapton's Crossroads festivals. He walks up to the microphone and says...

"If I knew I was going to have to play this song every day of my life, I would have written a different song!"

I like Joe too. Though this is another of those beat to death by radio songs. One of the best things

about Joe to me is his acoustic guitar playing. He put it all over every album. It gets a little

overlooked by the electric stuff sometimes - same could be said for Keef...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf6Z6UBz6ws

beat to death by radio songs. like Free Bird,Stairway to Heaven,Life has been good to me so far means you record a hit song that people liked to listen to,we all should be so lucky

4H

beat to death by radio songs. like Free Bird,Stairway to Heaven,Life has been good to me so far means you record a hit song that people liked to listen to,we all should be so lucky

4H

No doubt, but we all know them by heart. If I never heard any of those songs again, I'd still remember every note from my youth! Just trying to point out that the catalog goes a little deeper than what the radio has force fed us. I imagine Joe would appreciate you checking out his other stuff - not just the hit(s). [thumbup]

No doubt, but we all know them by heart. If I never heard any of those songs again, I'd still remember every note from my youth! Just trying to point out that the catalog goes a little deeper than what the radio has force fed us. I imagine Joe would appreciate you checking out his other stuff - not just the hit(s). [thumbup]

View Post'Scales, on 21 April 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

so cool!

life's been good

My favorite song

4H

Joe Walsh is my favorite guitar player , that said I've played every song he ever released

some are better than others.That's why you were forced fed those songs,the people called in and want to here them over and over because they were that good

4H

I dunno why, but while annoying neighbors, I always seem to gravitate toward "Funk 49", or put on the talkbox wannabe in my Digitech and play that part of "Those Shoes" where he says "BURN UP, BURN UP!"...I've always enjoyed listening to just about anything from Joe Walsh, or Peter Frampton, or Joe Perry, or even Sambora's talkbox stuff...I need a Heil...maybe I'll just make one...

I saw Joe in West Palm Beach when "Rocky Mountain Way" was released. He played some James Gang songs, and then was doing some songs on the piano. A good number of people were wanting him to bend some strings. So he said, "alright, you may like this". He played the the opening notes to "Rocky Mountain Way", and the place erupted. So loud, and clear, it was great!

That's why you were forced fed those songs,the people called in and want to here them over and over because they were that good

Right. Repeated play on mainstream radio always equates with quality. That's why this gem has been played way more than Rocky Mountain Way on the radio. Guess the wrong people called in... [lol]

In 78/79 we were playing at a club on the west side of Jersey, in the sticks, but popular with the Pennsy crowd. Place was huge and would have four bands playing at a time in shifts. I remember one night all 4 bands played Rocky Mountain way. You'd think the crowd would be upset. Nope, they rocked out for each rendition. Ours was the best of course...... just sayin.

In 78/79 we were playing at a club on the west side of Jersey, in the sticks, but popular with the Pennsy crowd.

Dr. Jekylls High Times? Galaxy? Penalty Box? Three Pines? No, not Mardi Gras? No way. Don't even say D1ck Lee's or Bogeys Circle.

rct

Archived