Gibson Brands Forums

Measurements

Marshall Paul

G'day fellas. OK, little curly one for all you tech minded blokes out there. Not sure of the year of my SG but it's a standard. Now, I want to put a trem system on it and I think I've finally found one. The Schaller retrofit tremelo bridge. It says to fit correctly, your posts have to be exactly 2 29/32" apart. Now, does anyone out there know if this would fit please.

Second, just a quickie. Do you know if gibby made any model SG in that normal SG cherry red but high shine gloss? I seem to remember something about them.

Forgive the ignorance, my first SG (lol).

G'day fellas. OK, little curly one for all you tech minded blokes out there. Not sure of the year of my SG but it's a standard. Now, I want to put a trem system on it and I think I've finally found one. The Schaller retrofit tremelo bridge. It says to fit correctly, your posts have to be exactly 2 29/32" apart. Now, does anyone out there know if this would fit please.

Second, just a quickie. Do you know if gibby made any model SG in that normal SG cherry red but high shine gloss? I seem to remember something about them.

I don't the awnsers to any of your questions you've asked. Why am I repling you ask. I've been looking into trembalo's for 1 of les pauls and here is one that I found. It will fit SG's as well here is the link. http://www.zzounds.com/item--STTSTB?siid=123383

G'day fellas. OK, little curly one for all you tech minded blokes out there. Not sure of the year of my SG but it's a standard. Now, I want to put a trem system on it

MY GOD MAN DON'T

Second, just a quickie. Do you know if gibby made any model SG in that normal SG cherry red but high shine gloss?

Lots. That's normal guitar paint to the more seasoned among us.

Yer welcome.

rct

Guessing a Bigsby + Vibramate isn't an option? Stetsbar if not; good piece.

I tried the Stetsbar trem system on my Flying V and unfortunately it didn't work. Can't get the bridge anywhere near low enough for a correct action. Way too high. Pity, they're a good, solid system. Someone else posted about the Scheller trem for his LP and I saw it and just thought, if that would fit, post to post, then it just might do the job. And also for the V maybe.

I recommend picking up a cheap set of calipers and measuring your post's distance from each other to be 100% certain

Archived