Gibson Brands Forums

Jimmy Page-Uniondale Long Island 1975

Triad

Back in February 1975 some friends and I went to the Led Zeppelin concert in Long Island. It was sold out but scalpers were everywhere. My ticket was around the 6th row on the floor. Back then you could go into concerts with cameras and I had my new Nikon and took some shots on slide film. After seeing Page with his Les Paul I vowed someday to own one as it inspired me so.

Sorry for the double post!

Back in February 1975 some friends and I went to the Led Zeppelin concert in Long Island. It was sold out but scalpers were everywhere. My ticket was around the 6th row on the floor. Back then you could go into concerts with cameras and I had my new Nikon and took some shots on slide film. After seeing Page with his Les Paul I vowed someday to own one as it inspired me so.

Sorry for the double post!

Thanks for posting the cool picture of Page. Do you have any more to offer? I've seen Jimmy live a few times but was never able to get that close to him.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Had an interesting Zep concert experience and it may have been the same year. They came to Chicago, tried to play a couple songs, but guitar wasn't sounding right. They left the stage for quite awhile and the crowd was getting a little tense. Plant came back out and explained that Page had got his hand caught in a train door and he couldn't really play. Hand and fingers were not broken, but swollen up and numb. They promised that concert would be re-scheduled at the end of the tour and tickets would be good for that show or a refund.

Sure enough they came back to Chicago and we went again. Put on a fabulous show, over 3 hours, and I don't recall an intermission. I always thought Page was under rated as a guitarist and to this day hold him in my top 5 favorite players. [thumbup] [thumbup]

Archived