Gibson Brands Forums

Elderly doesn't have my strings anymore

EVOL!

Warning, blues jam below.

My go to mail order store Elderly Instruments in beautiful Lansing, MI no longer has Gibson Vintage Reissue strings. When I lived in Michigan, specifically when I was at GVSU, I loved making the trip on I-96 to Lansing. Now that I am in Chicago I have been doing all of my mail ordering (strings, picks, capos, etc) through them because I want to support this great mom and pop shop. Now I'll have to get my strings elsewhere. :(

I bought my 6-string acoustic from them years ago, really nice shop to deal with.

I stopped receiving their catalog and come to think of it I never updated my new address with them.

Any reason they are not carrying Gibson Vintage Strings? That's what I use. I like D'Addarios as a close second but prefer the stiffness ofGibson strings.

I have recently in the last few years changed my gauge, manufacturer and supplier. After decades of being a D'Addario 8-38 player I now play a custom gauge made by a very good English company called RotoSound, and supplied by a mob called Just Strings. Might want to check them out, from what I can tell, they carry just about evrything. Might find yours in there.

I was equally depressed when my local stopped stocking D'aQuistos...in my view and style they were better than anything else out there...lasted longer, less breakage...can't find 'em anywhere.

I wonder who the real manufacturer of the Gibson Pure Vintage strings is. There must be another brands that's the same thing, no?

Gibson used to make their own strings, i think as recently as 2008, but D'Addario make their strings for them now.

-Ryan

Archived