Gibson Brands Forums

I dreamed I saw St Augustine - Dylan cover - LG2

flatbaroque

Always liked this "small" song off John Wesley Harding album.One of my favorite Dylan albums.

You can also see my latest painting in the background (the abstract) video lightens so you can see it better. I might call it "I dreamed I saw St Augustine"..that should confusing the art buying public [biggrin].

have a good Anzac day any Aussies out there.

Yea, as always you get around and inside the core'n'spirit of those ol' Dylan tunes.

This one always puzzled me - whet the heck is he talking about.

Reminds me so much of the time just before I left home - and though it's been on the record-player maaany a good spin since then, I think it's time to re-check the lyrics.

Keep rolling fb - and bring up the paintings too.

Yea, as always you get around and inside the core'n'spirit of those ol' Dylan tunes.

This one always puzzled me - whet the heck is he talking about.

Reminds me so much of the time just before I left home - and though it's been on the record-player maaany a good spin since then, I think it's time to re-check the lyrics.

Keep rolling fb - and bring up the paintings too.

Cheers E ..hehe...I suspect Bob may not know what it means either.Despite my Catholic education I am sadly lacking in St Augustine studies.I have vague inklings that he may have been a scholar?

I'm sure there are plenty of ponderings around the net analyzing the biblical allegories on John Wesley Harding.

I prefer to make up my own explanations to Bob's more obscure lyrics. There is a little story in my head to match this enigmatic three verse mystery.

I am also fairly new to Dylan, but I am quickly trying to learn more. My current favorite is The Ballad of Hollies Brown.

I really liked your song, and it makes me curious about the original. That is a complement, by the way :-)

Lars

Haven't played this song on the guitar for years

But I sing it at work because I work with a young man named Augustine

The younger guys ask me, where do you come up with these songs.

I tell them you had to have been there. [smile]

Thanks FB think I'll play it today

I have vague inklings that he may have been a scholar?

Okeiy, , , I had to finally go serious on this tune and fetched X-ray-zoomer.

Through these eyes, it touches different layers in society and touches the act of escaping/betraying social responsibilities. . .

So much for my polished looking glass. Is it rollin' Bob. . .

Archived