Gibson Brands Forums

good old Hank

blindboygrunt

Great! Were you trying to say that it was recorded in the bathroom? Sitting or standing?

For me there is always something special about a song when it feels and sounds like a human performance. This was one of those. I don't like overly produced music.

Lars

Awesome that you joined in! FB unleashed hounds who apparently have all been caged. Very cool weekend this is. Now we need to cap it with a Minor 7th.

Definitely a fun song. Yet again I had never heard it. You have the yodeling and vibe all going on - a most excellent job, and I hope you play this out.

Edited to add... A really cool song that you would nail... Is Lovett's South Texas Girl. Please check it out. Guy Clark sings the intro like you would.

St Mother Maria watch over us please

As we stumble around in this dangerous world

Thank Mother Maria there's nothing so sweet

As the undying love of a South Texas Girl

South Texas could become north Ireland

It certainly couldn't be New Jersey...

BBG, good one. I thought I had a 'jug band' version, but couldn't find it. Fun to do if you have the voice and you sure do. You should give "Mother Maria" a shot. It is a really great song, about a time some of us here can still remember. No seat belts. No air conditioning. Scratchy AM car radios and a Sunday drive because the Cowboys aren't on TV.

Archived