Gibson Brands Forums

58 Re-Issue Korina Epi Explorer parts...

FHussar

Hello all, I'm brand new here, so a Big Country Howdy from Nashville, Tn...I searched here, but didn't find what I was asking about, so forgive me if I'm starting a topic that's already been covered...I just bought a 2001 Epiphone '58 Re-Issue Korina Explorer. I have replace the stock pups with Seymour Duncans, and chromed the tuners, bridge, and stop bar, as well as swapped out the nut for a Tusq slotted, although I'm still working on that...this thing sounds and plays GREAT!...now I'd like to find an exact-fit Black pick guard. Emails to Epiphone have been returned saying they don't have them!...so, where can I find one??? also, I bought a used case for the thing, but even though it's form-fitted for an Explorer, my Korina doesn't fit!...any thoughts on where to get a hardshell case? This thing deserves a case! Thanks in advance, and I look forward to your replies!

Frank

You might want to try this post in the forum dedicated to Epiphone guitars here on the Gibson site.

I don't know about Explorers, but there are several sites dedicated to aftermarket guitar parts of all sorts. By Googling you could even find places that'll custom cut one for you for a fairly reasonable price.

Sort if that, you might in time find an original on Ebay.

Good luck!

Hello all, I'm brand new here, so a Big Country Howdy from Nashville, Tn...I searched here, but didn't find what I was asking about, so forgive me if I'm starting a topic that's already been covered...I just bought a 2001 Epiphone '58 Re-Issue Korina Explorer. I have replace the stock pups with Seymour Duncans, and chromed the tuners, bridge, and stop bar, as well as swapped out the nut for a Tusq slotted, although I'm still working on that...this thing sounds and plays GREAT!...now I'd like to find an exact-fit Black pick guard. Emails to Epiphone have been returned saying they don't have them!...so, where can I find one??? also, I bought a used case for the thing, but even though it's form-fitted for an Explorer, my Korina doesn't fit!...any thoughts on where to get a hardshell case? This thing deserves a case! Thanks in advance, and I look forward to your replies!

Frank

Hello FHussar and welcome to the inner sanctum. Anyone who can make repairs to a guitar can make a pickguard. As long as a template or a tracing of the shape is available it can be done. You can get solid black or laminated black and white pick guard blanks as well as other colors. Should be no problem. It sounds as if you are enjoying that guitar and that is what it is all about. Good guitars equal good times. Welcome again, Jedediah

Archived