Gibson Brands Forums

Parts for 58 Re-Issue Korina Explorer

FHussar

Hello all, I'm brand new here, so a Big Country Howdy from Nashville, Tn...I searched here, but didn't find what I was asking about, so forgive me if I'm starting a topic that's already been covered...I just bought a 2001 Epiphone '58 Re-Issue Korina Explorer. I have replace the stock pups with Seymour Duncans, and chromed the tuners, bridge, and stop bar, as well as swapped out the nut for a Tusq slotted, although I'm still working on that...this thing sounds and plays GREAT!...now I'd like to find an exact-fit Black pick guard. Emails to Epiphone have been returned saying they don't have them!...so, where can I find one??? also, I bought a used case for the thing, but even though it's form-fitted for an Explorer, my Korina doesn't fit!...any thoughts on where to get a hardshell case? This thing deserves a case! Thanks in advance, and I look forward to your replies!

Frank

Hello all, I'm brand new here, so a Big Country Howdy from Nashville, Tn...I searched here, but didn't find what I was asking about, so forgive me if I'm starting a topic that's already been covered...I just bought a 2001 Epiphone '58 Re-Issue Korina Explorer. I have replace the stock pups with Seymour Duncans, and chromed the tuners, bridge, and stop bar, as well as swapped out the nut for a Tusq slotted, although I'm still working on that...this thing sounds and plays GREAT!...now I'd like to find an exact-fit Black pick guard. Emails to Epiphone have been returned saying they don't have them!...so, where can I find one??? also, I bought a used case for the thing, but even though it's form-fitted for an Explorer, my Korina doesn't fit!...any thoughts on where to get a hardshell case? This thing deserves a case! Thanks in advance, and I look forward to your replies!

Frank

Sounds like you'll need to have a pickguard custom made. I've had good luck with www.pickguardian.com. His website isn't the greatest, but if you email him, he will get back to you quickly. If you have an existing pickguard, all you have to do is trace it and send it to him. Otherwise, you'll have to make an exact template of what you want. He has a ridiculous variety of colors and materials to choose from. There are other custom pickguard makers out there too, but I've been happy enough with Pickguardian to give him my vote. Hope that helps!

Archived