Gibson Brands Forums

My new les paul

Amptech

Greetings all, hope everyone is doing well, and healthy. I recently purchaced a 2012 Les Paul Standard Plus , and found out that it's NOT coil splitting etc.. I'm not really cocncerned with the coil splitting deal, I have a set of original 1960 PAF's to put in, but I was wondering, does it have the compound radius fretboard.. I called Gibson, but they never got back to me.. Build date is 3/7/2012.. Anybody?

Hello Amptech, and welcome here.

The 2012 Les Paul Standard Plus came stock featuring compound radius fingerboard and four push/pull pots. Detailed pictures could be helpful for identification, in particular some showing the pot cavity and both the pickup cavities.

By the way, my LPNSTDPHBCH1 was made on 2nd April 2012.

Glad you had good times here. Have been rarely in Wangen and Lindau, but so I know it's nice there. While on the way, I visited Neuschwanstein Castle in most cases - I love that thing! [biggrin] I just went once to the nearby Hohenschwangau Castle many years ago. They both are near Füssen.

I was viewing the pictures provided at ebay. Your Les Paul seems to be a 2008 model made in 2012. Until now the latest ones I knew of where made in 2011, but I live and learn. Adding your information about the Neutrik jack, everything is consistent with the 2008 specs. So it should have a chambered body, too.

By the way, your new Les Paul has a stunning top! [wub][thumbup]

Greetings all, hope everyone is doing well, and healthy. I recently purchaced a 2012 Les Paul Standard Plus , and found out that it's NOT coil splitting etc.. I'm not really cocncerned with the coil splitting deal, I have a set of original 1960 PAF's to put in, but I was wondering, does it have the compound radius fretboard.. I called Gibson, but they never got back to me.. Build date is 3/7/2012.. Anybody?

It looks like an 08 built in 12.They rock and sound sweet as.I personally love BB Pros' in this guitar and would leave it alone.At least try first and then tweak if desired.

I have an 07 which i love,they sound and play amazing once set up .The two are not identical, the body's are the same,chambered that is.

Don't let all the rubbish about chambered guitars scare you,there are a lot of famous guitarists using them(if you care for that)and i have a 72,78,07,13 and the 07 chambered blows them all away IMO and is the only one i wouldn't sell.And anyway who cares want some guy sitting in his bedroom thinks?not me-I just care what Jack Pearson thinks of them and Bonamassa,Gibbons,and tons more.

Acoustically sweet,warm, resonant,and cuts like a mofo at high vol.

I also want one tobacco sunburst 07 too.

Just remember you tube is not great for soundbites.

https://youtu.be/mqmG3c2j8Ww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXGqmq9483c

Edited.The information i posted above is in relation to 08 models being made in 08.Not models made after 08.

Thanks guys for the replies, in the description, it says Modern weight relief, I don't think it's chambered, but I will find out. I think I am going to leave it alone for a while, and play the crap out of it.. I just got a Mesa Electra-Dyne combo, should make quite the pair

Thanks guys for the replies, in the description, it says Modern weight relief, I don't think it's chambered, but I will find out. I think I am going to leave it alone for a while, and play the crap out of it.. I just got a Mesa Electra-Dyne combo, should make quite the pair

Actually, yes that would be true,they would be "modern relief" being made in 2012 although its an 08 spec.

If you watch the Gibson factory tour,he talks about 08 models being made in 12.But the original early 08's where chambered, Les Pauls were only "chambered" between 06-08(other than custom shop),then "modern relief".

this is just my opinion.

Well, I got off the phone with the Gibson customer service desk, and they had absolutely no answer to my question, after 30 minutes of discussion. I was told to use the "talk to us " email and ask there. After a few days the email came back with bad news, it's a typical 12" radius, not compound radius. Damn shame, I was hoping for more..

I have a late 2012 Les Paul Premium Plus with the compound radius fretboard, and I wanted a backup. Going in what I saw in the 2012 literature, I bought another one only to find out the literature did not apply to the early models, so I got beat".. Live and learn.. It's still a really good looking guitar though.

Archived