Gibson Brands Forums

New puppy day! :)

Guitar God

Today was a sad and great day at the same time. Sad because we had to get rid of our Boxer mix puppy - some may remember when I posted about her - today because of some issues. Really hated it, but it was the best thing. Now on to the exciting part. Got a new puppy. A full blooded Newfoundland! Named her Daisy. Had one that had to be put down back in January at 12 years and 7 months old. He was such an incredible animal and I grew up with him. Was 10 when me and my mom and dad got him. Liked to killed us when he passed away. Anyway, we missed him so much and love the breed so much we just got another one earlier tonight. Like I said, named her Daisy. So far, so good, as expected. Don't know if anybody on here knows about the breed, but I highly recommend that breed. Such wonderful dogs. Though not good quality, here's some pictures of here:

SyXgmE3.jpg

98Svf3H.jpg

QdSOfiL.jpg

IcsVswq.jpg

IiwIZSm.jpg

Love that breed. We had one about twenty years ago. Lovely nature...

Great water dogs..

Regards

Oh, man, they're a very wonderful breed. She is doing really well. Think she may be a water dog because she has already gotten into the water bowls and started playing in them, haha. The one that passed away in January wasn't crazy about getting in the water. I know she's going to be a great dog. Her name is Daisy and she's brownish/reddish wand white. Beautiful dog and a great personality. Newfoundland's are such awesome dogs! Here's some more pictures of her:

RofO2V0.jpg

oOr2PMW.jpg

NfjfUff.jpg

If memory serves me correct, the brown and white marked Newfoundland are called Lancia's...

With the greatest respect, Flight, I think you are confusing the rust and white Lancia cars with the 'Landseer' Newfoundland Dogs...

Wiki:

"...standard colors of the Newfoundland dogs are: black, brown, grey and white and black (sometimes referred to as Landseer)....The "Landseer" pattern is named after the artist Sir Edwin Henry Landseer who featured them in many of his paintings..."

P.

With the greatest respect, Flight, I think you are confusing the rust and white Lancia cars with the 'Landseer' Newfoundland Dogs...

Wiki:

"...standard colors of the Newfoundland dogs are: black, brown, grey and white and black (sometimes referred to as Landseer)....The "Landseer" pattern is named after the artist Sir Edwin Henry Landseer who featured them in many of his paintings..."

P.

I stand corrected...

Regards

Nice pup GG! Sorry to hear about the Boxer. They're usually great dogs too.

I think the color of your new girl is referred to as "Liver."

That's how our Pointers were registered when I was a kid and we raised bird dogs.

Thanks! Love her to death. Newfoundland's are such amazing dogs. She is 12 weeks old and is already 32 pounds. She's a beauty. She is already doing great. Today was her 3rd time on a leash and she has been doing fantastic on a leash! Can't remember what the people said the brownish/reddish and white Newfoundland's are called. The people told my mom and dad, though. I know the black and white Newfoundland's are called Landseer's. Yeah, it was tough getting rid of the Boxer mix puppy. It was hard, but it was the right thing to do. Her and our female Boston Terrier weren't getting along, she chewed up the living room curtains and a little bit of the couch, and she was still peeing and pooping everywhere in the house. Really hated it, but I'm really glad she went to a great home, though.

If memory serves me correct, the brown and white marked Newfoundland are called Lancia's

Regards

The black and white Newfoundland's are called Landseer's. Can't remember whet the breeders said the brownish/reddish and white Newfy's are called.

Congratulations...I wish I could have another dog...I get too attached....can't handle loosing them anymore.

Thanks! I understand. It is very hard and you do get very attached and it hurts majorly when you loose them, but they're like family. A new addition does ease that, though, but you still have to go through the heartbreak of loosing them, but you do get so much enjoyment out of them. They're more than just pets. They're family.

Doggies are the sweetest beings on Earth.

No other human can give that much love as they do.

Here are mine furry family members:

"Bóbita". I saved Her in the final moment, before She was about to put to sleep. Around 14 years old.

HPIM3616_zps2ecc7971.jpg

Her son, "Jupiter" - the most faithful pal of mine:

HPIM3632_zps9db9141c.jpg

Cheers... Bence

Doggies are the sweetest beings on Earth.

No other human can give that much love as they do.

Here are mine furry family members:

"Bóbita". I saved Her in the final moment, before She was about to put to sleep. Around 14 years old.

HPIM3616_zps2ecc7971.jpg

Her son, "Jupiter" - the most faithful pal of mine:

HPIM3632_zps9db9141c.jpg

Cheers... Bence

Another great breed of dogs! [smile]

Archived