Gibson Brands Forums

replacement and alternative circuit boards

MartinRandle

Does anyone else feel Gibson has either missed or yet to tap into a lucrative market of after sales customisation.

Sure they sell replacement pickups but now all their guitars have these fixed circuit boards - so why not sell alternative circuitry?. Currently, anyone wanting 50s style wiring (a huge amount of people I gather) there is no alternative but to rip out the board and hand wire it.

Why not offer Les Paul, SG and other common guitars alternative circuit boards?

They could get a full range going.

standard, (already available on some guitars)

50s,

standard with 2 coil taps (already available on some guitars)

50s with 2 coil taps

standard with CT + phase + direct out (already available on some guitars)

50s with CT + phase + direct out

If they got really clever they could offer all sorts of prewired boards. Especially for the LP which is the most commonly purchased and customised model.

I am planning to make a 50s wiring 2 Series/Parallel switches (push push) and a phase switch (push push).

Obviously for my requirements I would need to make a besboke wiring but I would be quite willing to pay for one of the alternative circuits rather than go down that route.

Hello and welcome to the Forums!

The answer to Your question is, because there are already millions of companies sell pre-wired assemblies.

You can buy almost every possible combination of wirings. Period-correct retrofit, or ones with push/pulls for serial-parallel-out of phase options. Whatever You wish.

Cheers... Bence

Why not offer Les Paul, SG and other common guitars alternative circuit boards?

Did I just read where you just used the "Circuit Boards" when referring to pickups and their connections?

why, yes,, I think you did...

oh the humanity....

The answer is: This is why God made Soldering Irons!

LOL!

Welcome to the asylum.. Lights out at midnight..

Archived