Gibson Brands Forums

2014 ES-339 Studio Neck...is it Maple or Mahogany?

CantShred

As we all know, the internets never lie.....but sometimes there is conflicting information. Some dealer sites have the 2014 necks being made of mahogany, with a torrefied maple fretboard...others say maple neck with torrefied maple fretboard. The 2013 single pickup versions were mahogany, and for the 2015 ES339 studios all dealers show maple necks. Thanks in advance!!!!

As we all know, the internets never lie.....but sometimes there is conflicting information. Some dealer sites have the 2014 necks being made of mahogany, with a torrefied maple fretboard...others say maple neck with torrefied maple fretboard. The 2013 single pickup versions were mahogany, and for the 2015 ES339 studios all dealers show maple necks. Thanks in advance!!!!

Tough to tell, especially with the aforementioned difference in advertising.

Depending on the finish, can you see the neck wood grain pattern?

I can't find the original Gibson page for this model, if there is one.

Tough to tell, especially with the aforementioned difference in advertising.

Depending on the finish, can you see the neck wood grain pattern?

I can't find the original Gibson page for this model, if there is one.

Thanks!..I could not find it either...The paint hides any hint of wood grain...deep ebony gloss,

Thanks!..I could not find it either...The paint hides any hint of wood grain...deep ebony gloss,

Then I have no idea, lol! Sorry, really tried looking for the original page but it keeps redirecting me to the 2015 range.

Maybe remove the TRC and hope that it wasn't painted-over.

The other more radical thing I can think of is to remove a machinehead and see if there is any un-painted wood in the hole. Or the same during a nut replacement. Depends on how much you want to know!

Then I have no idea, lol! Sorry, really tried looking for the original page but it keeps redirecting me to the 2015 range.

Maybe remove the TRC and hope that it wasn't painted-over.

The other more radical thing I can think of is to remove a machinehead and see if there is any un-painted wood in the hole. Or the same during a nut replacement. Depends on how much you want to know!

Great ideas....I'll remove the TRC and post later. Many Thanks!

Great ideas....I'll remove the TRC and post later. Many Thanks!

No worries; any other questions, just shout. Someone around here will be able to help!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived