Gibson Brands Forums

Thinking of selling my L5 Signature

Muzicpro

Hi all. I'm new here but am not new to Gibson guitars. I still get sad thinking about my first Les Paul Custom that I bought with my paper route money and how it got stolen when I was 17. Don't worry, I replaced her a few times.

I have a beautiful 2001 L5 Signature that I'm thinking of selling. How does one find the "market value" of a rare guitar? I found one on Reverb.com for over $6k but that's it so far. Part of me wants to sell and the other wants to keep (as an investment). Well actually, I want to keep it as it's really just an amazing guitar! I'm not a collector and use these things in my work. I just don't find myself reaching for the L5 and have other expenses as well as a family to support. Anyway, I appreciate any knowledge from you all.

post-72019-085561800 1430923560_thumb.jpg

that is pretty gorgeous...

So normally what most of us would do would be to log into EBAY and search for "completed" listings and see what those actually SOLD for.

That's probably one of the easiest ways.

If you're in good with any good mom and pop dealers, they may be able to tell you what "THEY" would try to tag it for.

I took a quick look and 6k ~ 7k is the ball park.

you can check for yourself of course.

Archived