Gibson Brands Forums

1957 ES 125 TD for $4000

manny

Although this particular variation (thin, non-cut, double pickup) of the ES125 model is relatively rare (only about 1200 made over 7 years; none currently for sale on gbase or ebay), it's still a budget model. The price is way too high. It's probably worth about half of that, at best.

Although this particular variation (thin, non-cut, double pickup) of the ES125 model is relatively rare (only about 1200 made over 7 years; none currently for sale on gbase or ebay), it's still a budget model. The price is way too high. It's probably worth about half of that, at best.

I was thinking in around $2500 to $3000, I was thinking vintage or not, it is still a low end model. Does the term "low end model" even apply to vintage guitars? I read an article about ES125 increasing 15% in value a year. I know I have been trying to sell some things to fund a 1966 ES125CD , I even had my 2011 Gibby TBird bass for $850 for 3 days with no replies. I think people are broke right now and milk and bread are more important than rock and roll.

I was thinking in around $2500 to $3000,

That's probably still a bit high, for a non-cut variation. As I said, I couldn't find any 125TD's on ebay or gbase to compare to, but if you look at prices of other 125 variations, this guitar probably belongs somewhere closer to $2000, in my opinion (assuming it's in excellent condition and ready to go).

I was thinking vintage or not, it is still a low end model. Does the term "low end model" even apply to vintage guitars?

It does, in fact it's better than the term I used ("budget model"). Some people also use "student model", but "low end" is perhaps the best term to use.

Archived