Gibson Brands Forums

2014 gibson les paul standard plus

speedy#11

Hi guys,

this forum is a great resource! Thanks in advance for all your help. I am looking to purchase the 2014 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus. When i called gibson last week they said i could get it at $2700. Is there any authorized dealer where i could buy it cheaper than that? I want to buy new. If you could please send me the links that would be great.

Thanks again,

Speedy#11

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear.

Ok, well, your posts indicate a decided lack of experience in buying guitars. I don't think anyone really can guide you through this in what seems to be the way you need, without being there with you.

Google is your friend. It will take you to all the authorized online dealers, and from there you can find the guitar you are looking to buy.

rct

thank you guys for your replies. Prior to initially posting i did search google. i guess google is it.?

For online stuff, sure, that'll pretty much point you to all the retailers.

Guitars are and have been becoming more and more like cars and every other big ticket item, and that is, the price you see is usually, USUALLY now, about what you'll pay everywhere. Sure, sometimes you get breaks and deals and sometimes you don't, so it all averages out in the end.

Other than that, good old shoe leather and visiting the stores in an area you think is good and dealing face to face is the best way to find a great guitar and then get pleasantly surprised at what you pay for it.

Good luck with it. Buying an expensive, good guitar can be at once an enormously frustrating and very pleasant experience.

rct

Hi Speedy,

About five months ago I bought a new 2014 Standard Plus at my local Guitar Center for $2500 and that took quite a bit of negotiating so $2700 is a fair price if it is new and perfect.

Good choice, I love mine!

Archived