Gibson Brands Forums

ES 125: a view from inside

clidebarrow

Hi all,

This is a picture I took using my phone that I inserted through the pick-up hole.

This is a 1958 ES 125.

Looking at the ground connection to the tail piece, I have the feeling that it is not original (seems to be simply wrapped around the pickup ground cable...)

What do you think?

Any other comments?

20150327_200356_zpszwglr1g2.jpg

Hi all,

This is a picture I took using my phone that I inserted through the pick-up hole.

This is a 1958 ES 125.

Looking at the ground connection to the tail piece, I have the feeling that it is not original (seems to be simply wrapped around the pickup ground cable...)

What do you think?

Any other comments?

20150327_200356_zpszwglr1g2.jpg

I think it is original.

It looked similar in my es120t when i got that one, i can´t be sure since i got it a few years ago, so it had lived about 40 years, in someone else poses, before i purchased it :-)

Anyway, the ground wire only rested on, not soldered to, the pickup cable.

Now i have soldered it to the pickup cable and shielded the pickguard, and it is a great Guitar!

I think it is original.

It looked similar in my es120t when i got that one, i can´t be sure since i got it a few years ago, so it had lived about 40 years, in someone else poses, before i purchased it :-)

Anyway, the ground wire only rested on, not soldered to, the pickup cable.

Now i have soldered it to the pickup cable and shielded the pickguard, and it is a great Guitar!

Thanks Holmis! I think there is a blob of solder, if I look carefully at the picture I took. Looks also like someone lived in there for a while (that ball of something stuck near the bracing...)

Thanks Holmis! I think there is a blob of solder, if I look carefully at the picture I took. Looks also like someone lived in there for a while (that ball of something stuck near the bracing...)

Might have been a blob of solder on mine too, can´t rememeber, but it had came loose in that case.

Yeah, i saw that nest, that´s Mojo :-)

Archived