Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson R8 details wanted

joka07

Hi, could anybody please fill in on specs for my Les Paul R8 (Serial no CR82052)?

Is it chambered?

Is the fretboard laminated?

... other stuff that you might know about the guitar?

//joka

Hi, could anybody please fill in on specs for my Les Paul R8 (Serial no CR82052)?

Is it chambered?

Is the fretboard laminated?

... other stuff that you might know about the guitar?

//joka

Hi, Joka. I welcome you to the forums, if you haven't already been :)

Based on the serial number, yes indeed you have a chambered guitar. The CR prefix of the serial reference translates as Chambered Reissue.

There were a handful of models made as exclusives to some American retailers.

Please check out these link, and know that you have a special and rare guitar on your hands there!

http://www.chambered-reissue.org

Hi, Joka. I welcome you to the forums, if you haven't already been :)

Based on the serial number, yes indeed you have a chambered guitar. The CR prefix of the serial reference translates as Chambered Reissue.

There were a handful of models made as exclusives to some American retailers.

Please check out these link, and know that you have a special and rare guitar on your hands there!

http://www.chambered-reissue.org

Thanks!

It should be chambered as indicated by the serial number starting with a "CR". Most likely it does not have a laminated fretboard but hard to tell unless you remove the nut. I have not heard of a CR with a laminated board but that doesn't mean they didn't make some. My "guess" by the serial number and watching what some dealers have posted, is that it was made in early summer 2012.

It is the 52nd chambered 58 (CR8) made in 2012

Do you have photos you could post for us to see? Did you buy it from a dealer that might have some info?

Archived