Gibson Brands Forums

1951 J-45

windyville1

Here is a glamor shot of my new (old) 1951 J-45. I would post more pictures but forum has me limited. I picked this up while working a booth at Merle Fest this year. Having played a 1952 D-18 for the last six years, I am ashamed to say I had some negative preconceptions about Gibson's ability to play as loud or strong as my old Martin.... This guitar has proved me VERY wrong. I am now officially sold on Vintage Gibson Tone. This thing holds up to the old Martin in every respect. I have never felt a neck so comfortable and it is strong enough to hold t's own flatpicking in the loudest of Bluegrass Jams. You vintage Gibson guys have been sitting on a big secret for a very long time... these early 50's Gibson's have got the drive to play whatever you want.

post-72110-014710500 1431489986_thumb.jpg

Here is a glamor shot of my new (old) 1951 J-45. I would post more pictures but forum has me limited. I picked this up while working a booth at Merle Fest this year. Having played a 1952 D-18 for the last six years, I am ashamed to say I had some negative preconceptions about Gibson's ability to play as loud or strong as my old Martin.... This guitar has proved me VERY wrong. I am now officially sold on Vintage Gibson Tone. This thing holds up to the old Martin in every respect. I have never felt a neck so comfortable and it is strong enough to hold t's own flatpicking in the loudest of Bluegrass Jams. You vintage Gibson guys have been sitting on a big secret for a very long time... these early 50's Gibson's have got the drive to play whatever you want.

post-72110-014710500 1431489986_thumb.jpg

Very nice shot and guitar indeed!

• 1 year later...

Archived