Gibson Brands Forums

Repair info

Cvacc

I was just curious if anyone could give me some in depth information.i sent my les Paul in for repair brand new signature t,great guitar by the way..they just checked and evaluated it and customer service said they sent it to Gibson USA,is that normal in the process??,I really hope they just swap it out due to a twist in the neck,thanks for any advice or info

It depends on the complexity of the repair in a lot of cases, at least here (UK). A lot of the stores will send on to Gibson, but there are some authorised repairers dotted about. If the store is only a dealer, they quite often send it back to the source, which in the US is probably not too difficult given the relative short distance. Some dealers outright replace if they've the stock and then return a damaged item to Gibson all the same, meaning you're not left without a guitar.

Case-to-case basis, I imagine, but I don't see this as abnormal behaviour.

I've been dealing with Bob Burns in Nashville,he's on top of his game I have to say he contacted me today just update me and looks like a replacement is in order...this customer service rep went the extra mile for me and I appreciate the pride he took in helping me,whoooo I can breathe now I've missed my gibby,thanks for all the support from you guys!

I've had my 2013 LP Standard to the shop 3 times since I bought it in January this year. The problem is always the same. After tuning the B string,the C is sharp. Last week the store said they are going to replace the guitar for me. I'm pleased they appear to want to "walk the walk" not just "talk the talk". Now I wonder how long it will take.

Archived